• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

7 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Yeah, I would like him on our team as I believe Andrew Friedman will use him - in the lineup vs. LH starters and PH off the bench vs. RH starters. 

I believe Albert Pujols has the same value over Max Muncy he has over Jared Walsh in those situations.

You actually think Friedman makes out the lineup? I know you're trying hard to push your narrative, but that's ridiculous.

Also, Pujols hasn't had a pinch-hit since 2009.

13 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

You do realize it's possible Perry Minasian bumbled this whole thing. Handled differently he may have got him on board.

But yeah, good riddance.

I don’t think Perry had that much say in the matter. I think he did what other folks determined to be the only option once Albert decided he was not interested in being a part of the team.

14 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's definitely baffling for a team that seems to be one of the smartest in the league. They might be hoping they catch lightning in a bottle, and if it doesn't work out, they'll DFA/disrespect him.

If he gets released by two teams in one season it will be all time. I hope it happens

57 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

OK. Why did the Dodgers sign him? 

Risk / Reward

They are paying him the same as as a minor leaguer they would have brought up to temporarily fill the opening they have due to the recent injuries.

There is no way Pujols gets signed by the Dodgers if their team was healthy.   Unless someone is out for the season, he days are numbered. 

1 minute ago, Slegnaac said:

Risk / Reward

They are paying him the same as as a minor leaguer they would have brought up to temporarily fill the opening they have due to the recent injuries.

There is no way Pujols gets signed by the Dodgers if their team was healthy.   Unless someone is out for the season, he days are numbered. 

Which one of their 1B was recently injured?

Just now, Lou said:

Which one of their 1B was recently injured?

I read that Muncy's flexibility to play other positions, keeping his bat in the lineup, is part of the consideration.

Pujols isn't on the roster today, so I guess it isn't official yet.

4 minutes ago, cals said:

So when does he make his debut?  

(And again, logic says he will fail, but I seriously wonder how long some of you have been Angels fans).

I don’t know. I don’t understand the second part of this. Please explain…

11 minutes ago, cals said:

Meaning despite the fact that 1000 nerds have been felating each other in this thread for a week Pujols will probably hit 2 bombs in his first game, and talk about “now I see the real fans on LA mang, feels great” during the postgame interview because that’s the type of annoying shit that happens to us as Angels fans.

Oh that.  You sound like them with the last part of your post. 

9 hours ago, cals said:

Meaning despite the fact that 1000 nerds have been felating each other in this thread for a week Pujols will probably hit 2 bombs in his first game, and talk about “now I see the real fans on LA mang, feels great” during the postgame interview because that’s the type of annoying shit that happens to us as Angels fans.

On the other hand the Dodgers lost the WS to the cheating Astros, so bad stuff happens to them as well.