• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

6 hours ago, cals said:

You know you’re a pretty angry guy.  Which is odd because downtown Carlsbad is a nice and relaxing place.

I know plenty of happy people who don’t worship the movie Forrest Gump.

You confuse being honest and direct with anger.

While we are diagnosing each other, you are not a clear thinker and often flat out miss fairly clear points, maybe deliberately, to create a cool guy moment for yourself.

It’s an eye roller.

Oh and downtown Carlsbad was pretty fantastic back in the day.  The honest and direct assessment of downtown Carlsbad now is they have been killing that town 7 days at a time with vacation rentals for about two decades now.  It is definitely not the same.  And that’s fine.  It is what it is.  I still go there but it is different and won’t ever be the same.

Am I OK saying that or am I “angry” at Carlsbad?

Edited by Dtwncbad

I saw Forest Gump like everybody else.  Tom Hanks movies are usually “must see” movies.

I liked it.  I would say if you haven’t seen it you probably should see it.

But from the second I saw it I could not really process the level of worship this movie garnered.

As time matches on, the legend of this movie being some kind of masterpiece is just puzzling to me.

Worth seeing.  Good movie.  But to me it is inexplicable how it is viewed as great.

To each his own.

11 hours ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Yeah, I'm sure the best mind in baseball, Andrew Friedman, is subscribing to this blinded five year non-theory of @stormngt and @Tank. Look at the numbers guys. Take your emotions out of it. Pujols will add value to the Dodgers as an alternative to Muncy against Leftys just as he would have as an alternative to Jared Walsh against Leftys. His OPS is more than 200 points higher than either of them against LHP's.

Minasian whiffed...Friedman owns him.

I'm certain the two of you know more than Andrew Friedman...

I am not arguing Pujols may bring value to the Dodgers.  I was one of the few who did not "bitch about Pujols" constantly on this board.  

However the fact is Pujols at bats with the Angeks disappeared when Walsh beat him out and Ohtani has proved he can bat every day.  

Pujols did not want a limited role with the Angels.

Why did he want a limited role with the Didgers?

Maybe he found out no team was offering a full time role.   Maybe he thought that a part role with the Dodgers and going to the World Series is worth a part time role.

Angeks did what they had to do.  Its ignorant to bash them for releasing Pujols.  

35 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I am not arguing Pujols may bring value to the Dodgers.  I was one of the few who did not "bitch about Pujols" constantly on this board.  

However the fact is Pujols at bats with the Angeks disappeared when Walsh beat him out and Ohtani has proved he can bat every day.  

Pujols did not want a limited role with the Angels.

Why did he want a limited role with the Didgers?

Maybe he found out no team was offering a full time role.   Maybe he thought that a part role with the Dodgers and going to the World Series is worth a part time role.

Angeks did what they had to do.  Its ignorant to bash them for releasing Pujols.  

You don't know what Pujols wanted or what the Angels wanted. 

The only thing we know is that the Angels are now in a more difficult situation versus LHP's.

1 minute ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Kinda true, but I believe OPS trumps those things. Also, the Angels have more bench options than any other team in MLB.

No they don’t have more bench options because Ohtani is just a DH.  Also OPS for an at bat or two every few days does not trump defense for 9 innings, base running when he gets on base, and roster flexibility every day. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No they don’t have more bench options because Ohtani is just a DH.  Also OPS for an at bat or two every few days does not trump defense for 9 innings, base running when he gets on base, and roster flexibility every day. 

Who would you rather start at 1B versus a LHP? Albert Pujols or Max Muncy? Albert Pujols of Jared Walsh?