• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

On 1/27/2018 at 3:32 PM, Rico said:

Instead of trading Cron we should cut Pujols.

On 1/28/2018 at 1:21 PM, cals said:

If we cut pujols, would anyone pick him up?

On 1/28/2018 at 1:29 PM, Erstad Grit said:

For league minimum?  Of course they would.  

On 1/28/2018 at 1:33 PM, cals said:

With his negative WAR, why?  

6 hours ago, Lou said:

Obviously, their 411 scouts see something special in him.

I would immediately fire 221 of those idiots. 

Or maybe the halos front office could send each of them a fruitcake as a way of saying thanks.

18 minutes ago, cals said:

Because their bitchy Hispanic ex just landed a better dude.  

And?  I mean if you were done with a girl would you give two shits about the next dude she was with?  I know you don’t care about this in the slightest but want to play the part of Claude on this one.  I don’t give two shits what Albert does, and I respect what he was as a player.  I’m not mad or bitter towards the guy.  He just wasn’t great anymore and we had a better replacement, finally. I am just surprised any NL team would take him.  

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe Pujols learned quickly that no team had any interest in giving him real play time so he simply picked a stacked team to hopefully gravy train into a ring.

Yep.  Albert has now become Luis Sojo.  Latch on to a team and get a ring.  

1 minute ago, cals said:

BTW @Lou, this is exactly why I don’t participate in normal conversations here.  It was a cool afternoon that day in January 2018 and as I sat in front of my computer, an oversized cup of coffee warming my hands, I smiled and nodded and thought I’d actually have a discussion about baseball instead of talking about my balls or make racist jokes.  And it comes back to bite me in the ass.  

Apology accepted!

4 hours ago, stormngt said:

This year.  How about the last 5 years.

Yeah, I'm sure the best mind in baseball, Andrew Friedman, is subscribing to this blinded five year non-theory of @stormngt and @Tank. Look at the numbers guys. Take your emotions out of it. Pujols will add value to the Dodgers as an alternative to Muncy against Leftys just as he would have as an alternative to Jared Walsh against Leftys. His OPS is more than 200 points higher than either of them against LHP's.

Minasian whiffed...Friedman owns him.

I'm certain the two of you know more than Andrew Friedman...

Any way to void the personal service contract? Not sure of the legal framework, but it seems odd that a commitment would be made ten years in advance with any number of potential reasons why it might become counter productive? 

It was signed with certain expectations and in good faith. But the assumption was that Pujols would take that position after retiring from the Angels after ten seasons as a fan favorite. Those conditions do not apply anymore. And is Arte so tone deaf that he isn't aware of the disillusionment about how this signing turned out? 

Obviously there is a cultural/demographic angle to having Pujols as a spokesman/goodwill ambassador for the team. But his stature diminished drastically on the field, and there were incidents of conflict and disrespect on his side towards the organization. Remember when he glorified the fans in St. Louis while being paid obscene money from the Angels for a fraction of his former production?

As a side note, what about the loads of unsold Pujols Angels merchandise that are now  irrelevant? Maybe they can offload them to the Dodgers and have them repurposed or altered? The Angel stadium store should be having a blowout sale at reduced prices.  Also some of the displays along the interior stadium corridors may need revision.