• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Red Sox (May 15th, 2021) Fletcher to 9th, Ward Leadoff, No Walsh!

Chuck

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Walsh catch covid or something?

Probably a day off since he didn't get one the other day. Could be a lefty vs. lefty thing. 

Walsh hit lefties really well last season, though just in a month's worth of playing time, but this season he's slashing just .244/.295/.366 with 1 HR against southpaws. 

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Iglesias and Gosselin ahead of Upton.  Lol. Poor Justin. 

I don't mind it too much. At least we have some punch at the bottom of the order.

With Rendon back, though, I hope Rojas doesn't sit for an extended time. We need to find a spot for him. I might actually give Fletcher a day or two off right now.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

4-34 with 12 Ks will do that.

Oh yeah, I don't really mind it.  I think it's a commentary on just how bad he's been.  He's kind of like Pujols: he'll pop a HR every now and then, but aside from that, you get virtually no offensive output and mediocre-to-poor defense. 

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Oh yeah, I don't really mind it.  I think it's a commentary on just how bad he's been.  He's kind of like Pujols: he'll pop a HR every now and then, but aside from that, you get virtually no offensive output and mediocre-to-poor defense. 

At this rate, he’s in danger of being Pujols’d after this season.   Similar money due in 2022 to what Pujols is due this season

Trout should just hit leadoff at this point. Not that he still can't be awesome in the third spot in the lineup but he's at his best when he's playing like a leadoff hitter to go along with his power. Trout leading off would just kick start the Angels' offense. A pitcher giving up a run or a couple in the first inning doesn't make him feel good at all. Need to give Trout as many chances to come to the plate as possible. Plus, the Angels have guys who can drive him in like Walsh and Rendon. His best season (2018) was him playing with that mindset. 24 stolen bases with 39 home runs. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

At this rate, he’s in danger of being Pujols’d after this season.   Similar money due in 2022 to what Pujols is due this season

He's got an fWAR of precisely 0.0; and his defense is poor and is costing runs (and games.)

He's the very definition of replacement level - the clock is ticking on his career - just depends on when one of our prospects are ready to make the jump (or we obtain someone who can at least play some defense.)

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Taylor Ward has a career .398 OBP in the minors and has the power/speed combo you like to see in a leadoff hitter. 

Hopefully it translates to production from the leadoff spot at the big league level starting TODAY! 

Holding spot for Marsh