• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time for RoboUmps

It really sucks that the angels are the only team in the league that have umpires make bad calls for. 

that said, I agree.  I would actually think umpires would welcome this.  Except guys like angel hernandez and joe west who like to make the game about them. 

I'll tell you what. I've been mostly a traditionalist when it comes to changes in the basics of the game. But I have reached my breaking point! 

The consistent missed ball/strike calls game after game after game really destroys some of the reason for even watching. And so often they aren't even close, and come at critical moments in the game.

Enough with the brain dead response that 'each ump has his own strike zone.' Why the hell is that just accepted as inevitable? The damned strike zone is clearly defined. And integrated into each player's pitching or hitting approach. Are the umps cognitively deficient? 

Of course pitches on the margins can be called either way. But there are just so many embarrassing calls that are off by at least a baseball's width on the inside, outside, up and down. 

Trout for instance has had multiple at bats spoiled by bad calls. His reputation as one of the best at knowing his zone means nothing. No respect for his knowledge, unlike Ted Williams. No wonder he doesn't walk as much and is forced to swing at more marginal pitches 

There are new technologies that are far more definitive. We need not still abide by the quirky fallibility and differences  of each and every ump. 

This stuff is absolutely killing the game for me. Why invest hours of watching an event when the outcome is often affected by bad judgment? Refs in other sport take far more heat, and use technology much more extensively to 'get things right.' At least allow some challenges! 

• 1 month later...