• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Los Angeles Angels vs. Boston Red Sox (May 14th, 2021) LET'S GO!!

Chuck

21 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Unpopular opinion but I'm blaming the offense. 3 runs for this lineup is so damn pathetic and 5 runs in the combined last 3 games of this 3 game losing streak is ridiculous

Had the lead in the 7th.  Bullpen didnt fo their job....again.

Offense gave us a lead going into the 7th.

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Had the lead in the 7th.  Bullpen didnt fo their job....again.

Offense gave us a lead going into the 7th.

That's completely fair and I do agree. But as a whole in general, we can't expect to win games when the offense tops out at scoring 3 runs (which is what we've done during this 3-game skid).

Edited by rafibomb

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

9-18 their last 27 games. Starting to think my expectations of them winning 83ish games might have been too optimistic

I still think we’ll be an 83-85 win team.  The pitching has been better this month.  Canning with another encouraging performance tonight it looks like.  It sucks that the offense hasn’t been great several games the last week or so. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I still think we’ll be an 83-85 win team.  The pitching has been better this month.  Canning with another encouraging performance tonight it looks like.  It sucks that the offense been pretty hasn’t been great several games the last week or so. 

The SP has been better.

The bullpen has been utter trash and Trout and Fletcher have gone missing.

It's typical Angels. The broken engine starts firing then the working one explodes. The bullpen is the decommissioned pile of scrap metal that no one touches.

8 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Well this fucked sucked.....

Can't even blame anyone...Like we brought in our best relievers in or were and we still lost...

fuck

I take that back. Dalbec is hitting over .331 against lefties and under .200 againist righties. Well that what you expect when you have a manager that doesn't look at the numbers.  

It's going to take some consistent good play to even get to .500. 5 games below now. And drifting into uncomfortable territory. They have to win four or five series in a row or go on a long hot spell.  Even though there is most of the season remaining, they need to stop the steady slide and put good games together.

Far too inconsistent all season. Some games it's just one bad inning or pitch that kills them. Very little grit and intensity in most games when things go bad. A defeatist attitude. Few come from behind wins since very early. Missing the key clutch hits or shut down pitching when the game is on the line. 

No panic yet, because this could just be a cold spell that gets turned around. But they better start before they fall far behind multiple teams. 

13 hours ago, rafibomb said:

That's completely fair and I do agree. But as a whole in general, we can't expect to win games when the offense tops out at scoring 3 runs (which is what we've done during this 3-game skid).

In a typical baseball season there will be a lit if games when the offense scores three or less runs.  They are winnable if we hold the opponent to less runs.  Starting pitcher did their job.  Offense did its job.  Bullpen blew it again.  Its exceptionally frustrating because a good bullpen in any season of the past decade would have given us a great chance to compete.  

Edited by stormngt

13 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

What movie? And what’s for dinner?

Nobody ($19.99 on Amazon for rent, but well worth it). Homemade Gumbo (us) and Cajun Enchiladas (friends).

My neighbor just got an 85 inch tv with an amazing sounds system. Helped him set it up, so it was movie night, drinks and dinner at his house.

12 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

The players that got extra rest on Wednesday went a combined 0-12 with 4 K’s.  

Man these guys need to pull their heads out like yesterday. It's not every game we get a good start from a starting pitcher. Sucks when it's wasted because the offense can't score more than 3 runs and the bullpen blows it late. 

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Man these guys need to pull their heads out like yesterday. It's not every game we get a good start from a starting pitcher. Sucks when it's wasted because the offense can't score more than 3 runs and the bullpen blows it late. 

May not be everyday but in May (small sample size alert) the starters ERA is something like 3.66. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

May not be everyday but in May (small sample size alert) the starters ERA is something like 3.66. 

I'm curious as to what our offense has put up in May outside of that May 1st game when they scored 10 runs that I was at in Seattle. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm curious as to what our offense has put up in May outside of that May 1st game when they scored 10 runs that I was at in Seattle. 

Should I back out the 9 run game against the Dodgers and the 11 run game against the Dodgers as well?