• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A case to trade HK to Dbacks now

1. HK stock has never been this high since we all bought the hype of future batting champ. While those dreams will never achieve fruition .322 and 8 HR is nothing to sneeze at. 

2. Dbacks are in first place with Cliff Pennington playing 2b batting .236 with 1 HR.

3. Dipoto knows their system very well and could find some nice players of value.

4. It truly is time to "rebuild" even if we cannot shed Pujols or Hamilton. Everyone else except Trout/Trumbo need to go and I would even listen to offers on Trumbo. A player like Downs could also be enticing for the Dbacks to make a serious run.

1. HK stock has never been this high since we all bought the hype of future batting champ. While those dreams will never achieve fruition .322 and 8 HR is nothing to sneeze at. 

2. Dbacks are in first place with Cliff Pennington playing 2b batting .236 with 1 HR.

3. Dipoto knows their system very well and could find some nice players of value.

4. It truly is time to "rebuild" even if we cannot shed Pujols or Hamilton. Everyone else except Trout/Trumbo need to go and I would even listen to offers on Trumbo. A player like Downs could also be enticing for the Dbacks to make a serious run.

interesting, but who plays second base with Segura gone?

The Yankees and the Red Sox have the two best 2nd basemen in the league (Cano and Pedroia)

Cano is a free agent after this season.  I wouldn't do the trade, but Howie would rake there, and he has a relatively small contract.  Yanks would probably be very interested.

I can see Cano signing with someone else in the offseason and doing a Soriano on whatever team he goes to.  Please please please don't let it be the Angels.

Would anybody here be surprised if the Angels signed Cano in the offseason? I'm almost expecting it.

He would go on to spend the first 50 games of his halo career serving a PED suspension, and then he would post a .710 OPS the rest of his time here and show a Buddha-like indifference after every out he made

not time to trade him yet

FA's after this year

Downs

Vargas

Madson

Those three are solid trade bait at the dealine if Madson can get on the field.  They probably try to lock up Vargas to a longer term, but if they can't, he should be traded.  I know people will hate this, but you have to let Blanton continue to start with the outside chance that he could increase his value enough to make him tradeable.  Doubtful though. 

They will get either Vargas or another arm, a free agent like Garza and a pen arm in the offseason.  Try round 2 of the Hamilton and Pujols show.  If the results are the same then you trade the next round of potential free agents 

FA after 2014

Callaspo

Williams

I would consider trading Howie mid season in 2014 as his value will be very good, his contract is reasonable, and Lindsey should be ready.

Then try again in 2015 for the last time.

If it doesn't work out again, then mid way thru the year you move CJ, Ianetta, Hanson, and consider moving Aybar and Weaver depending on what has developed in the minors.

They are going to give the Pujols/Hamilton/Trout/Trumbo group at least three years from the inception of Hamilton's contract.