• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now that he’s gone....

35 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Larussa clearly thinks he’s still amazing. White Sox have to be number 1 on his list 

They have Abreu at 1B (he's off to a slow start, but he's the reigning MVP and I can't see them sitting him for Albert) and the surprising Yermin Mercedes at DH.  Mercedes won't keep up his pace--but I don't see any reason to cede any of his ABs to Pujols, either.

So if Albert really wants to play full-time (or close to it), the White Sox seem like a bad fit, regardless of the La Russa connection.

38 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I can't fathom a team signing him. Seriously, he's next to useless. Unless he's just used as a late-innings PH. But then that's taking up a roster spot that could go to someone more utilitarian. 

This.

Ive been thinking since yesterday who might take him. Hed be super cheap (I think... we still pay him I think?)

But he literally brings nothing at this point. A HR every 40 ABs or so... but whos gonna give him 40 ABs right now? 

He cant field, so its gonna have to be an AL team. And he cant run...

The only thing he can give you is the occasional HR. But to get that occasional HR, you have to play him daily... I just dont see that happening. At least until later in the year, when teams are totally out of it.

But then those same teams would probably prefer giving their young guys a shot.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This.

Ive been thinking since yesterday who might take him. Hed be super cheap (I think... we still pay him I think?)

But he literally brings nothing at this point. A HR every 40 ABs or so... but whos gonna give him 40 ABs right now? 

He cant field, so its gonna have to be an AL team. And he cant run...

The only thing he can give you is the occasional HR. But to get that occasional HR, you have to play him daily... I just dont see that happening. At least until later in the year, when teams are totally out of it.

But then those same teams would probably prefer giving their young guys a shot.

Another good thing that Pujols has going for him is that he can still put the ball in play. Putting the ball in play has become a lost art, man. Especially when it comes to sluggers. Most sluggers strike out way too much. Only a few guys who I can think recently that can hit home runs and put the ball in play is Pujols and Bregman. Miggy isn't that guy anymore. The same can be said about Encarnacion. 

6 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Another good thing that Pujols has going for him is that he can still put the ball in play. Putting the ball in play has become a lost art, man. Especially when it comes to sluggers. Most sluggers strike out way too much. Only a few guys who I can think recently that can hit home runs and put the ball in play is Pujols and Bregman. Miggy isn't that guy anymore. The same can be said about Encarnacion. 

Most of those balls in play with people on bases leads to GIDP for Pujols.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Milwaukee.

They have been starting Daniel Vogelbach at 1B.  AP would legit be an upgrade both offensively and with a glove.

His power would likely play up in that park... His 5 HRs would be tops on the Brewers.

Why don't they just get someone better? 😂

6 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

5 minutes ago, cals said:

What fascinating to me is that it seems like some of you are acting like you haven’t seen this movie before.  “Aging vet finds redemption and one more shot at glory after being mistreated by the Angels.”

I understand and agree that logically it would take a fucking miracle for Albert to pull it off.  But I’ve seen this movie before.  It’s the Angels.  He’s going to have a final day in the sun and the Angels will look like morons.

Shall we start naming specific examples?  Gary Gaetti, Phil Nevin and Jose Guillen are a few that come to mind.  Hell even Josh Hamilton got his final gig with the Rangers after Arte acted so surprised when a lying addict relapsed.  

Yes, I’ve seen this movie before.

Vlad.