• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton's Last Year

According to Baseball Reference, Hamilton's stats over the last calendar year:

153 games, .234/.303/.448, 29 HR, 85 RBI, 53 walks, 175 strikeouts

He showed improvement in May, although still not great--.237/.315/.495--but June has been even worse than April; he's hit .161/.212/.290 in 8 games.

I have a hard time imagining that he's someone quickly devolved from a .900 OPS player to a .600 OPS player, but we were saying similar things about Vernon Wells a couple years ago. But it does seem rather likely that he's devolved from a .900 OPS type to a .750-.800 OPS type. I really wouldn't be surprised if his triple-slash numbers as an Angel are something like .250/.300/.480...not what you want for $25 million a year.

I hope I'm wrong but what is worrisome is not as much this year, as combining this year with most of last. That's a pretty long slump.

Like with Mr. Pop-Up, Hackilton came from an extreme hitters' park.    That was a concern that I did have, although I never thought he would sink to a .600 OPS so fast.   I thought it would happen by year 3 or 4 though, given the past drug ravaging that his body went through before starting his climb to the majors.   Tha's why I wanted 3 years/$75 million with a team option, and no more.

I thought this was going to be a thread predicting Hamilton's stats during the final year of his contract. I don't even want to think about that right now. 

There won't be any baseball stats during the final year of this contract.  He'll be DFA'd by the end of next year.