• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

That's very interesting... because Maddon has been receiving some criticism here for the shift.   So, he doesn't have a say in the defensive alignment at all?

Manager should have say in shift.  Sorry but analytics should give insight of where they should play.  It shouldn't dictate where they should play.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give credit and blame where it's due. Jared Walsh likely wouldn't be the force he is without Maddon. Shohei Ohtani wouldn't be unleashed like he had unless a manager made the exact decisions Madd

No manager will make up for this teams continuous lack of pitching talent

Those all seem like tantrums to me. And they happen occasionally. Ohtani stared down a pitcher who hit him. Upton broke the bat over his knee. Mike Mayers yelled at Joey Gallo after bunting for a hit

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Manager should have say in shift.  Sorry but analytics should give insight of where they should play.  It shouldn't dictate where they should play.

No doubt. I'm just trying to get clarification if he actually makes the final decision.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

There's one person who has been a constant figurehead for this team through all the managerial and GM changes. The buck stops with him.

I've been saying this for years. 

13 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Then you’ve been wrong since 2015

I'm sure I am, but that's the sense I get when I watch the team.  I don't know any of these guys personally nor do I know what's going through their heads and how they deal with adversary, nor do I claim to.  It's just the sense I get when I watch the team.  If you're going to tell me otherwise though, I'd like to at least have a legitimate reason as to why this isn't a concern.

2 hours ago, mmc said:

I'm sure I am, but that's the sense I get when I watch the team.  I don't know any of these guys personally nor do I know what's going through their heads and how they deal with adversary, nor do I claim to.  It's just the sense I get when I watch the team.  If you're going to tell me otherwise though, I'd like to at least have a legitimate reason as to why this isn't a concern.

Because it’s their job and something they’ve spent their whole lives trying to achieve. And you’re suggesting they don’t care about it enough just because you don’t see them throw tantrums like a 3 year old when things don’t go their way. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Because it’s their job and something they’ve spent their whole lives trying to achieve. And you’re suggesting they don’t care about it enough just because you don’t see them throw tantrums like a 3 year old when things don’t go their way. 

Jeff, that is not at all what I said, and I know you're well aware of that.  I did not say anything about anyone throwing a tantrum, but when is the last time someone on the team got mad enough during a game to get ejected, broke their bat, showed any level of anger towards the opposing pitcher after being hit by a pitch or being thrown at, showed any type of animosity towards their rival in a rivalry game, or had any type of dugout clearing incident?  Why are our pitchers constantly so prone to have worse blow ups than any other team in the league?  Why do we never hear about any of our supposed veteran leaders complaining about losing, try to motivate any of their underperforming teammates, or held a players only meeting because they weren't happy about the team's performance?  We see this with other teams all the time, we see divisional opponents have heated games that feel like competitive rivalries, why do we not see this things with the Angels?  

15 minutes ago, mmc said:

Jeff, that is not at all what I said, and I know you're well aware of that.  I did not say anything about anyone throwing a tantrum, but when is the last time someone on the team got mad enough during a game to get ejected, broke their bat, showed any level of anger towards the opposing pitcher after being hit by a pitch or being thrown at, showed any type of animosity towards their rival in a rivalry game, or had any type of dugout clearing incident?  Why are our pitchers constantly so prone to have worse blow ups than any other team in the league?  Why do we never hear about any of our supposed veteran leaders complaining about losing, try to motivate any of their underperforming teammates, or held a players only meeting because they weren't happy about the team's performance?  We see this with other teams all the time, we see divisional opponents have heated games that feel like competitive rivalries, why do we not see this things with the Angels?  

I like MMC, but I couldn't resist.

Just a couple weeks ago:

21 minutes ago, mmc said:

season 5 GIF

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Speaking of Mota, did I hear him say last night when the Rays got a late two-run HR to go up 4 runs "it's a new ballgame". WTF

benedict cumberbatch wtf GIF

He will never top this 

I'm a harsh critic, though.  I think one of Vin Scully's most famous calls was ridiculous.  The impossible doesn't happen.

6 hours ago, mmc said:

It isn't always visible on the field or reported on. I would have had no clue back in 2014 that utility infielder, John McDonald, was a clubhouse leader and probably a bigger part of the team making the playoffs than anyone watching would have known. You not seeing it or being unaware of it makes zero difference as to what is going on behind the scenes. Your perception (and mine), frankly, is worthless. You see what you want to see. We all do.

We can try to place blame on the manager or accuse the players of not having the drive to succeed but that’s just an excuse. The bottom line is they are not a good team. As fans we don’t want to believe that but it’s true. There is no way to get around the lousy pitching and defense. It doesn’t matter who the manager is, what he says or does. Even with “better” bullpen management the talent is still mediocre.