• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

32 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'll be honest. When I'm watching a game like yesterday's, i forget all about Trout.

I never would have thought that was even possible.

Ive mentioned that before. Would have never thought there would be anyone more interesting.

Trout is still the teams GOAT. But it takes a Trout to even be in the conversation

20 minutes ago, failos said:

I miss @VictorRojas calling Ohtani’s HRs.

Season hasn’t been the same without him (no disrespect to Sutton or Vasgersian).

I hear you dude. 

Sutton's "HE DID IT" home run calls are pretty lackluster. 

Vasgersian would be great if he was at the ballpark. His delay ruins it IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I hear you dude. 

Sutton's "HE DID IT" home run calls are pretty lackluster. 

Vasgersian would be great if he was at the ballpark. His delay ruins it IMO. 

Yep.  And both he and Vasgersian have had issues thinking flyballs are going to be HRs when they're not (part of that is definitely a function of not being at the park).

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yep.  And both he and Vasgersian have had issues thinking flyballs are going to be HRs when they're not (part of that is definitely a function of not being at the park).

I listen to the other team's feed most of the time, I can only stand so much Gubi buffoonery - I really like it when he talks about pitching but not when he talks about anything else.

The opponent's feed gives me an impression of how non-Angels fans view the team and the players. They say some interesting things. The Rays announcers were all over Shohei and loved seeing him play. A nice reminder of how lucky we are to have him on the team, my God this would be a bleak year without him doing his stuff.

23 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I listen to the other team's feed most of the time, I can only stand so much Gubi buffoonery - I really like it when he talks about pitching but not when he talks about anything else.

The opponent's feed gives me an impression of how non-Angels fans view the team and the players. They say some interesting things. The Rays announcers were all over Shohei and loved seeing him play. A nice reminder of how lucky we are to have him on the team, my God this would be a bleak year without him doing his stuff.

I either listen to the other team's feeds when it's Sutton/Gubi or have the radio feed going. I do like Smith and Langston. 

7 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Sorry @Chuckster70, I tend to be a bWAR kind of guy. I prefer Baseball Reference's usability, no offence to any fWAR groupies out there but Fangraphs just isn't my type.

Oh I am too @WicketMaiden, but I had a guy ask on our Twitter account and I had trouble finding it on Fangraphs so I thought i'd ask here. Thanks to @jsnpritchett for a quick response. 

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Oh I am too @WicketMaiden, but I had a guy ask on our Twitter account and I had trouble finding it on Fangraphs so I thought i'd ask here. Thanks to @jsnpritchett for a quick response. 

Here's the link:

https://www.fangraphs.com/warleaders.aspx?season=201&team=all

If that link doesn't work, go to "leaders" on the drop-down menu, look for a section called "WAR Tools," then "Combined WAR Leaderboards" below that.

It's definitely a little hard to find!