• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

On 7/13/2021 at 10:57 AM, Chuckster70 said:

At 45 second timeout, Ohtani-san said, "Tired out, tired out. How many seconds left?"
The commentator of Japanese broadcasting, "Too much pre-practice..."

After the end, to the Japanese interviewer, Ohtani-san said, "It was fun. The atmosphere was good and it was a good experience." 

This guy annoys me so much. He says he lives in LA county and has never seen anyone wearing an Angels hat there. I call complete bullshit. I don’t live in SoCal, but when I visited Vegas I saw a lot of Angels fans so I don’t believe for a second there isn’t one person wearing an Angels hat in LA county. It’s like every commentator has to take a jab at how the Angels aren’t a bigger franchise then the Dodgers. 

20 minutes ago, Bronson said:

This guy annoys me so much. He says he lives in LA county and has never seen anyone wearing an Angels hat there. I call complete bullshit. I don’t live in SoCal, but when I visited Vegas I saw a lot of Angels fans so I don’t believe for a second there isn’t one person wearing an Angels hat in LA county. It’s like every commentator has to take a jab at how the Angels aren’t a bigger franchise then the Dodgers. 

The angels are obviously second best. Is what it is. LA is bigger. Been around longer, etc etc

But Ive seen angel hats in france, the UK, and Japan

Hes full of shit

One thing I do agree with here is how much the game has changed.

Yes, Ruth was a beast. So were all the other old legends. But holy shit, the game is SO much harder now.

This is like comparing the old chuck norris kind of dudes that kickboxed in the 70s vs the UFC/Bellator guys now. Pro fighters, from around the world, vs hobby fighters who point sparred.

Yes. World champs. But... not the same.

2 hours ago, Bronson said:

Cowturd needs to stick to pro football.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:25 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I hope he signs all his autographs in japanese characters, and people find out they paid 100K for an autograph that says "rice"

Japanese characters (Kanji) was an import from Chinese characters in ancient age.
Names are written with surname-first order in East Asian cultural sphere including Japan.
ohtani1.jpg.bcfec01ba2737b12c011a21d56ba15aa.jpg

'Oh' means 'big' or 'great', and 'tani' means 'valley'. 
'Ohtani' means 'big valley' in Japanese, ...has nothing to do with Barkley Ranch.

Ohtani-san's first name is after the activity of the younger brother of Shogun in the medieval (more than 800 years ago) of Japan and the name of the headquarter (near Ohtani-san's birthplace) of the independent local regime that temporarily protected this younger brother of Shogun. (Details omitted. From the interview article of Ohtani-san's mother (2013)).

ohtani2.jpg.6ca03f5853177301b4cb786c3705c157.jpg

Chinese character (Kanji) 'sho' can be divided into two parts. Left part means 'fly high', and is a hieroglyphic 'sheep', which was a symbol of property and an auspicious animal in ancient China. Right part is hieroglyphic 'wings'.
'Sho' means 'spread wings and fly high', this character is popular for naming boys in Japan.

ohtani3.jpg.41f32793d335d69d07e6b4e9e9deff03.jpg

Chinese character (Kanji) 'hei' is often used for a boy's first name.

---------

ippei.jpg.0ae7113fe5aabd7a78a092fed3025edd.jpg

'Ichi' means the number 1, often used to name the first child.
In Japanese, pronunciation is shortened from Ichihei to Ippei.

ichiro.jpg.6245c39f22bdf7591339a4c515f489c4.jpg

Chinese character (Kanji) 'ro' is also used for a boy's first name.
In the case of Ichiro, the pronunciation doesn't change.

Both of 'Ippei' and 'Ichiro' are usually the name given to the eldest son (*).

*, Usually, it is the name that can be worn by the eldest son, but Ichiro is the second. 
He was named "Ichiro" using the letter "Ichi" from his grandfather "Gin-ichi".

3 hours ago, FromJapan said:

Japanese characters (Kanji) was an import from Chinese characters in ancient age.
Names are written with surname-first order in East Asian cultural sphere including Japan.
ohtani1.jpg.bcfec01ba2737b12c011a21d56ba15aa.jpg

'Oh' means 'big' or 'great', and 'tani' means 'valley'. 
'Ohtani' means 'big valley' in Japanese, ...has nothing to do with Barkley Ranch.

Ohtani-san's first name is after the activity of the younger brother of Shogun in the medieval (more than 800 years ago) of Japan and the name of the headquarter (near Ohtani-san's birthplace) of the independent local regime that temporarily protected this younger brother of Shogun. (Details omitted. From the interview article of Ohtani-san's mother (2013)).

ohtani2.jpg.6ca03f5853177301b4cb786c3705c157.jpg

Chinese character (Kanji) 'sho' can be divided into two parts. Left part means 'fly high', and is a hieroglyphic 'sheep', which was a symbol of property and an auspicious animal in ancient China. Right part is hieroglyphic 'wings'.
'Sho' means 'spread wings and fly high', this character is popular for naming boys in Japan.

ohtani3.jpg.41f32793d335d69d07e6b4e9e9deff03.jpg

Chinese character (Kanji) 'hei' is often used for a boy's first name.

---------

ippei.jpg.0ae7113fe5aabd7a78a092fed3025edd.jpg

'Ichi' means the number 1, often used to name the first child.
In Japanese, pronunciation is shortened from Ichihei to Ippei.

ichiro.jpg.6245c39f22bdf7591339a4c515f489c4.jpg

Chinese character (Kanji) 'ro' is also used for a boy's first name.
In the case of Ichiro, the pronunciation doesn't change.

Both of 'Ippei' and 'Ichiro' are usually the name given to the eldest son.

This is so frickin' cool.

Meanwhile, we have white people in the U.S. naming their kids things like Diamond Dust and Chamomile.

Just arrived. Got lucky as hell..... with Ohtanimania in full swing, they doubled the price on this.... I found ONE available at the original price and grabbed it.... 

Theres a pitching one too, but wayyyyy too expensive. Which sucks, would be cool to have both

This is going up next to Vlad

20210716_175159.jpg