• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

Just now, Jason said:

I’m hoping he turns it up after the ASG, especially with Trout returning. Look out!

By the way that was the closest I could find of Rendon looking mad. He's just too much of a happy fellow. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m hoping he turns it up after the ASG, especially with Trout returning. Look out!

He's been better since June 1, hitting .281/.369/.449, a 122 wRC+ in 103 PA. Over the last four games he's hit .429/.579/.643, so it seems he's turning it around. 

We might need to recalibrate HR expectations, though. His ISO was down last year after a career high in 2019 and his career rate is around .200, so we might need to accept 20-25 a year going forward. Maybe .290/.400/.480 with 20-25 HR is more likely than what he did in 2019, his career year (.319/.412/.598 with 34 HR).

20 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

He's been better since June 1, hitting .281/.369/.449, a 122 wRC+ in 103 PA. Over the last four games he's hit .429/.579/.643, so it seems he's turning it around. 

We might need to recalibrate HR expectations, though. His ISO was down last year after a career high in 2019 and his career rate is around .200, so we might need to accept 20-25 a year going forward. Maybe .290/.400/.480 with 20-25 HR is more likely than what he did in 2019, his career year (.319/.412/.598 with 34 HR).

Just as long as the run production is still there.

From this season, Ohtani-san has been using new bats made of 'Birch'.

Until last season, he used bats made of 'Aodamo ' (Fraxinus lanuginosa), which is distributed in the mountain area of Japan.  'Aodamo' is a closely related species of 'Birch'.  'Birch' is harder and more repulsive than 'Aodamo', but less elastic slightly.

The shape of bat was also changed.  Until last year, it was top-balanced, its gravity center was close to the tip.  To improve the batting average, the thick part of  bat (so-called sweet spot) has elongated.  Therefore, flight distance will be slightly shorter, but Ohtani-san keeps in mind to hit the ball squarely, in addition to strengthening physical.

Topps' Ohtani NFT are on fire.  Wish I'd gotten more. 

Everything with his name on it is on fire, actually.   

Those shirts they gave out three years ago are going for $100+.  I never had one, but bought one to wear in Houston in May.  Bought it for $20.

You could've gotten an autographed baseball for $200 before spring training started.  Same auction site sold one for nearly $700 a few days ago.  

Edited by ScottT

5 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Topps' Ohtani NFT are on fire.  Wish I'd gotten more. 

Everything with his name on it is on fire, actually.   

Those shirts they gave out three years ago are going for $100+.  I never had one, but bought one to wear in Houston in May.  Bought it for $20.

You could've gotten an autographed baseball for $200 before spring training started.  Same auction site sold one for nearly $700 a few days ago.  

I bought a Trout/Ohtani dual autograph card #'d to 5 last year for $650. That is a steal now.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, moccasin said:

When is the last time he hit a legit single?

I know he's had some bunt singles, but it seems like his batted balls haven't touched grass in front of an outfielder for a long time.

yesterday, he'd have a lot more but he is fast and turns singles into doubles and doubles into triples

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds