• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Is the HD broadcast extra terrestrial? 

In other words, over-the-air television (OTA).

In Japan, almost all of the terrestrial TV, including commercial broadcasters, are HDTV.
NHK's terrestrial broadcasting has two channels, one for all fields and the other for education.

30 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Bullpen makes little sense.

It was a bad start. Everyone has em.  His head wasn't right?   That's a reach. His mechanics... yeah.

Exactly. We’ve seen Ohtani struggle with FB command before so it isn’t out of the ordinary. I think it was just a fluky, bad start

On 7/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I only caught maybe two at bats, but the radio said he walked the first two, and i heard him walk another and hit one. Was his control just shit today? Overthrowing? 

To Japanese media, Ohtani-san said,
"I was in good physical condition and my arm was moving well. But on the contrary, my upper body was slightly leaning forward, and I caught the ball too much with my fingers, so I think that was the cause."

I'm a little leery of this "on pace" talk. I don't expect 60 HR. I think the hoped-for target should be 50. It is rare that 30+ HR guys at the ASB keep up the pace. 

Focusing on 60 HR and 10+ WAR almost guarantees disappointment.

Meaning, let's not be disappointed if Shohei finishes with "only" 45 HR and 8 total WAR. That is amazing enough.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm a little leery of this "on pace" talk. I don't expect 60 HR. I think the hoped-for target should be 50. It is rare that 30+ HR guys at the ASB keep up the pace. 

Meaning, let's not be disappointed if Shohei finishes with "only" 45 HR and 8 total WAR. That is amazing enough.

I won't be.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Agreed but everything else he is doing this season is rare. I also think he finishes at 50 or a little over. It will be interesting how Maddon shuffles the line up when Trout returns as he may get more pitches to hit with protection behind him 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Agreed but everything else he is doing this season is rare. I also think he finishes at 50 or a little over. It will be interesting how Maddon shuffles the line up when Trout returns as he may get more pitches to hit with protection behind him 

gettyimages-1160374015-e1562461344688.jpg

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think he has a good chance at 50+.

I'd like to see Maddon go back to Trout at #2, like so:

LF Upton (because, why not?)

CF Trout

DH Ohtani

3B Rendon

1B Walsh

C Stassi

RF Ward

SS Iglesias

2B Fletcher