• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/3/2021 Angels vs. Tampa Bay Rays. Fletcher at SS, Ohtani DHing, Rojas at 2B

T.G.

5 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I do not believe it's just Pujols contract. Next year will need 4 new starters and 4 to 5 in bullpen. You hope Sandoval and maybe Detmers can step into starters roles but as of now unproven. I look at this team and have a solid 5 to build around in Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, Walsh and Fletcher. Even Stassi behind the plate is decent. You hope Adell can slide into RF next year. So lineup this lineup looks strong but something is missing (besides pitching), like the team lacks heart.

Rodriguez, Detmer, Barria, Sandavol and Ohtani. 

That five of the six.

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Rodriguez, Detmer, Barria, Sandavol and Ohtani. 

That five of the six.

You are assuming first 4 could be starters and 5th one can stay healthy. I hope if Quintana and Cobb continue to struggle Sandoval and Dermers are put in rotation. You forgot to put Canning as number 6. Detmers starts tonight for Panda Thrashers.

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You are assuming first 4 could be starters and 5th one can stay healthy. I hope if Quintana and Cobb continue to struggle Sandoval and Dermers are put in rotation. You forgot to put Canning as number 6. Detmers starts tonight for Panda Thrashers.

Panda Thrashers?

holy crap 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

No 6th is not healthy they go to a five man rotation.

As for "assuming the other four could be starters" Barria has two seasons with 3.5 to 3.6 ERA.  I do not know what more he has to do to prove his ability to start.  I am not saying mid three starter but a backend starter at least.  

As for Detmer and CRod, we either give them a shot or we don't.   Everyone is begging for them to be starters we have to roll the dice.  However, is a gamble on them any more risky than a gamble on those in FA doing the job?

You maybe right about Sandavol.   But many here believe he is like Barria, a backend starter.

Edited by stormngt

26 minutes ago, stormngt said:

No 6th is not healthy they go to a given rotation.

As for "assuming the other four could be starters" Barria has two seasons with 3.5 to 3.6 ERA.  I do not know what more he has to do to prove his ability to start.  I am not saying mid three starter but a backend starter at least.  

As for Detmer and CRod, we either give them a short or we don't.   Everyone is begging for them to be starters we have to roll the dice.  However, is a gamble on them any more risky than a gamble on those in FA doing the job?

You maybe right about Sandavol.   But many here believe he is like Barria, a backend starter.

I am also tired from FA signings for starters. It's not working.Halos also could sign Bundy and maybe Heaney or trade for someone.

26 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I am also tired from FA signings for starters. It's not working.Halos also could sign Bundy and maybe Heaney or trade for someone.

Fact is a frontline starter in FA is going to cost 30+ million a year.  And they can be injury prone due to age 

I don’t see how the Angels can not sign BOTH Heaney and Bundy.  Lol who the fuck is going to pitch ? What ? Are we going to sign like 17 free agents ? It’s not going happen.  They’re going to make one or two guys like Griffin Canning/Pat Sandoval/Jaime Barria useful and they’re going to sign a couple arms that aren’t completely useless or we’re all going to be pretending that Trouts age 32 season is when we’ll have a chance to take a run.  Times up on this shit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 5/4/2021 at 1:50 AM, Duren, Duren said:

It's a long season. No one is running away with the division. As long as Rendon isn't out long term and if  they hang around .500 they should be able to be regroup, make some changes and be interesting. 

If Rendon is gone they are already used to him missing. He really never seemed 100% healthy. They will need to acquire someone better than Rojas. Minasian will have to get creative. But dealing with  in season injuries are a normal part of a GM's work. In fact, an under the radar big part.

The pitching needs to be more consistent/upgraded, the Pujols situation dealt with (limited play) , and Ohtani/Trout/Walsh carry the team till some others regain their form. 

Yep..  Angels aren't close to out of it despite shooting themselves in the foot all year.   AP needs to be the last guy on the bench PH, his glove is shot.  Iglesias has had his issues but AP's been the real issue on at least 5 of those errors.   

Been saying it all year but they need to address the crazy stuff happening on defense or it won't matter.