• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/3/2021 Angels vs. Tampa Bay Rays. Fletcher at SS, Ohtani DHing, Rojas at 2B

T.G.

1 minute ago, failos said:

No, but why do you like Quintana so much. Why do you defend him so hard? I’m genuinely curious.

I’m not really defending him.  I think he is as good as his control.  If he controls his walk rate he will be a useful pitcher, which is nowhere near as good as I thought he would be.  

Just now, Stradling said:

I’m not really defending him.  I think he is as good as his control.  If he controls his walk rate he will be a useful pitcher, which is nowhere near as good as I thought he would be.  

Well I agree with you there. I just don’t think he’ll be able to control his pitches. He’s broken.

Did anyone hear that story Langston told about Bo Jackson hitting a pinch-hit HR against him to tie the game?  I can't find any evidence of that game occurring.  Did anyone catch what year he said it was?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it:  https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA199109200.shtml

I thought he had said this occurred when Jackson was still with the Royals.

Edited by jsnpritchett

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Did anyone hear that story Langston told about Bo Jackson hitting a pinch-hit HR against him to tie the game?  I can't find any evidence of that game occurring.  Did anyone catch what year he said it was?

If you had cable you could rewind your TV.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

lol.  you just defined why the difference between 70 and 100 is so tough.  

Again, me and my teammates would simply just not swing at pitches we were not looking for.

There was one time I remember specifically where it backfired. There were guys on second and third and I was up with a full-count and I was all geared up for a fastball and the guy had been throwing curve balls in the dirt all game but proceeded to throw a curveball right down the middle that I didn't even bother waiting for the ump to call the strike because I already knew it. I believe that was the first and only curveball he actually threw for a strike that was in the zone.

We didn't have any Scout reports on the pictures we faced. We simply saw what day were doing and how accurate they were and adjusted.

The Angels have plenty of scouting reports and even Goobi said in the very beginning to not swing at the curve ball and all the angels are doing is swinging at the curveball. It's not like it's right down the middle either and they are swinging and missing or just staring at it. It's literally like bouncing 2 ft in front of the plate.

I understand it's difficult to recognize but at least take some curve balls right down the middle and make him strike you out a couple of times with the curve balls actually being strikes. Make him get those balls higher in the zone. Quit bailing him out.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Jackson was on the White Sox, I remember that part of the story.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s a lot of opinions in this thread that can be debated.  This is objectively false.  Guatemala is not the correct choice. 

According to WeatherWonk, Guatemala has internet problems which would be perfect for someone trying to escape Angels baseball.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

can Gubi go one game without talking about f'n bo jackson?  Who gives a shit.