• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/3/2021 Angels vs. Tampa Bay Rays. Fletcher at SS, Ohtani DHing, Rojas at 2B

T.G.

2 minutes ago, rageous said:

You really want to start a retarded argument don't you.

I bet you have no idea what the top BABIP season by a hitter do you?

No, I have no idea.  My point remains, Trout who is amazing, and hits the ball as hard as anyone consistently will see his BABIP normalize.  Why shouldn’t we expect Quintana’s BABIP to normalize.  So far the answers I have been given is he walks a lot of batters, which I don’t think has anything to do with BABIP and the other answer I got is he allowed a long fucking home run.  Teach me why one would normalize and the other won’t.  If you tell me it is because Quintana gives up too many hard hit balls, then so be it.  What is the highest BABIP allowed over the course of a season?

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Is Quintana actually worse than Harvey and Cahill.  It’s hard to believe that.  Goddamn. 

Yes. And I think we are all in for an even more impressive effort in his next outing.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, I have no idea.  My point remains, Trout who is amazing, and hits the ball as hard as anyone consistently will see his BABIP normalize.  Why shouldn’t we expect Quintana’s BABIP to normalize.  So far the answers I have been given is he walks a lot of batters, which I don’t think has anything to do with BABIP and the other answer I got is he allowed a long fucking home run.  Teach me why one would normalize and the other won’t.  If you tell me it is because Quintana gives up too many hard hit balls, then so be it.  What is the highest BABIP allowed over the course of a season?

Because Trout is the best player in the league and Quintana sucks. To use an extreme example, if I went out there, my BABIP would be 0, because I suck. It would never normalize because I'd just never put a ball in play. 

Just now, beatlesrule said:

It's real simple, don't swing at his curveball until he's actually in the zone for god sakes.

Have you ever faced a pitcher who can throw a fastball in the upper 90s and a curveball with that much movement?

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Because Trout is the best player in the league and Quintana sucks. To use an extreme example, if I went out there, my BABIP would be 0, because I suck. It would never normalize because I'd just never put a ball in play. 

Yea, that is backwards.  

Just now, beatlesrule said:

I'm not ready to decide that the  Angels are this bad and the pitching is this bad and the defense is this bad yet. It's way too early. If the same thing is happening in June, I'll start to worry. So far though, Minasian has done a terrible job assembling the pitching staff.

The pitching is that bad. Maybe not the defense as I think it will improve. 

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm not ready to decide that the  Angels are this bad and the pitching is this bad and the defense is this bad yet. It's way too early. If the same thing is happening in June, I'll start to worry. So far though, Minasian has done a terrible job assembling the pitching staff.

June? The season is all but over by then lol