• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why did we pick Adell over Rogers in 2017?

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I agree but you need to add value anywhere you can and I think Ward does that for now on the position player side.  Not a ton of value but enough to justify him being called up.  

If we are still considering Ward as a player in development I hope he doesn't get called up only to play once or twice a week. I think Pujols will still get a lot of playing time and that may keep Ward the odd man out. Maybe Ward will only be good enough to be a replacement player and then it would be fine to have him up. I guess it depends on the Halos' plans for him in the future. 

Ward over Rojas (yes)?

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I agree but you need to add value anywhere you can and I think Ward does that for now on the position player side.  Not a ton of value but enough to justify him being called up.  

I sort of miss Calhoun btw

There is no right asnwer to this question. Liek other's have said there are so many whys in this game? It depends on needs and talent. 

At that time, Adell was the best and had the highest upside of anyplayer and we need a top of the line  talent in our system. Adell Proved that too be true, he was a top 10 proespct in all of baseball and yes he struggled when he got the call, yet he still has time. Walsh didn't breakout until last year, Judge broke out in his age 25 year. 

8 hours ago, Second Base said:

Adell simply fits the Angels draft philosophy. They do go after the best player available, but moreso, they invest in high potential athletes. Adell is and was a swing for the fences, and in the draft, you can't aquire a star a player without gambling on players like Adell. 

And to be fair to Swanson, he seems to be flexible in this high potential approach. He also drafted Canning and Reid Detmers early on top address team needs, and he's taken risks on projectable arms like Chris Rodriguez save Jack Kochanowicz. 

Thanks for an actual response vs. the rest of the ass clowns on this board. 

Was Adell actually the BPA or was he the one with the most untapped potential? It seems we have completely neglected high end SP in the first rounds of drafts outside of Detmers, who seems to be more of a high floor guy. 

2020 - Detmers
2019 - Wilson
2018 - Adams
2017 - Adell
2016 - Thaiss
2015 - Ward
2014 - Newcomb
2013 - No First
2012 - No First
2011 - Cron
2010 - Cowart/Clarke

Yikes. Keep drafting "BPA" though!

6 hours ago, Toby Flenderson said:

I think pitching is what is holding this team back this season so there is no reason to rush either Marsh or Adell in thinking they can have an impact on this season. The offense will be just fine IMO. 

Do you move one of Adell/Marsh at the deadline if the Angels are close? Probably depends on how they play during the season and where their values lies too. 

10. Los Angeles Angels: OF Jordon Adell, Ballard (Ky.) HS 
Callis: This is a classic high-risk, high-reward pick. Adell has the best combination of power potential, speed, and arm strength in the Draft. There are some questions about his swing-and-miss tendencies, which is why he didn't go even higher. But if he hits, he'll be a star.

Just now, robblin17 said:

I enjoy your persistent love of mediocrity. 

Just because I call out stupidity doesn’t mean I like the product on the field.  I can dislike performance and stupid posts and overly negative posters all at the same time. 

4 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Do you move one of Adell/Marsh at the deadline if the Angels are close? Probably depends on how they play during the season and where their values lies too. 

Yes for the right pitcher.  You don’t trade either for 3 months of Scherzer. 

19 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

It depends on what you get in return. 

10 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Because Adell was and IS an extremely gifted athlete with a ton of potential. Let’s not rate this film before seeing the whole thing. We’ve only seen the trailer, and not even that - more like an unedited teaser.

Adell is going to be a good player. The only thing different now from a year ago is that it is going to take a bit longer than we hoped.

I do agree that he'll be a good hitter, the guy just can't catch the ball- LOL!

1 hour ago, Lou said:

A year ago, this wasn't even up for discussion, but 4 years ago it should have been known .

Ridiculous.

You could use any draft over the past ten years outside of two (and that's just the first round). Zoom out a bit.