• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Then what?

I'll keep answering this the same way I have been: I don't know, but there have to be some good non-retread options out there.  I pointed out the Marlins with Joe Girardi, Mike Matheny for the Cardinals, Walt Weis, Fredi Gonzalez...all of them were relatively unknown when they got the call and they are all doing well.  Heck, even Scioscia was untested as a manger when the Angels nabbed him. 

I do agree with what some others have said, that it doesn't make much sense to fire him now, or even before the end of the season and have a temp coach take over.  Keep Sosh for the rest of the year and start fresh with the guy you really want.

I have wanted Ryne Sandberg for years. If we had gone out and brought him in 2 -3 years ago, we could have had him ready to go.

As it stands now, he is probably going to slide into the Phillies job when Manuel retires (last year on his contract) or gets fired, which seems somewhat likely.

Too bad Arte sat on his self-tied hands for so many seasons.To bad he decided to put MS on a throne...because Ryno is going to be a great manager.

I for one think Scioscia should stay a bit longer.  But you need a bench coach that will talk with Scioscia when one of those headscratchers come up.  Would Joe Torre be interested in the bench coach job?  The Ryne Sandberg is an interesting one.  Salmon might also be a possibilty to learn under Scioscia.  Although I really liked him in the booth.  

Maybe Milt Thompson of the Astros for hitting coach?  I think he's coaching in the minors right now?  

Pitching coaches, all the good one's are employed.  So hoping Bud gets canned?

Do we have any clue if Salmon is a managerial type?  I like him in the pre/post-game setting, and in the limited booth settings I've heard him in.  But I don't know that I've necessarily seen or heard anything that indicates "He's a manager!" to me.  Does he even want to manage?

Pitching coaches, all the good one's are employed.  So hoping Bud gets canned?

Take Langston out of the booth and can Butcher today.

Really, could anyone be worse than Butchy??

Bring in Percy to work with the pen.

Lots of teams have bullpen coaches, why don't the Angels??

The pen has been a weak spot since Bud went to SD.

This should really piss Scioscia off if nothing else, and that would be a beautiful thing.

Maybe he will quit in protest.

Take Langston out of the booth and can Butcher today.

Really, could anyone be worse than Butchy??

Bring in Percy to work with the pen.

Lots of teams have bullpen coaches, why don't the Angels??

The pen has been a weak spot since Bud went to SD.

This should really piss Scioscia off if nothing else, and that would be a beautiful thing.

Maybe he will quit in protest.

If you are going to look in the booth.  How about Gubi?  He seems to analyze the pitchers quite often.  Even picking out what the pitchers are doing, and why he's missing the plate by a mile.    

Some teams havv

If you are going to look in the booth.  How about Gubi?  He seems to analyze the pitchers quite often.  Even picking out what the pitchers are doing, and why he's missing the plate by a mile.    

Some teams have both RH and LH pitching coaches. Was Gubi a righty?

Bring em both down and give em uniforms, and Percy too. Play out the year with 3 pitching coaches. God knows this staff can use all the help it can get.

In regards to hitting coaches. I wonder if anyone has offered the position to Tony Gwynn down at SDSU.

He has made it very clear that he has his dream job and no desire to do anything else.

Heck he is King there and coaches in a stadium named after him.

After the college season he does a little TV booth work for the playoffs.