• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Players you can't stand, for no good reason.

13 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

This is factually incorrect. I assume that since you're just a Trout fan, you must know jack about baseball in general. Players break out. Dylan Bundy must still be a 5+ ERA player by your asinine logic. He broke out in 2018. He was injured most of 2019 - this is well documented - and basically everyone sucks when they try to play through injury. He's an elite player. The best front office in baseball gave him crazy money to play for them. 

Not saying that there aren't reasons for disliking Bauer, but this is again false (care to try for strike three?). That was Scott Brosius' dumbass son making up nonsense. Bauer explicitly said he had no knowledge of whether Trout used HGH or not but pointed out as a general fact that a player might have a medical exemption and that would not be considered cheating. Similar to Beltre. He didn't lie about anything, so you're either ignorant or lying about him. 

If Bundy continues to pitch well like he did last season, I'll change my view on the guy. I'm not going to all of a sudden see Bundy as this very good pitcher, yet. If he continues to put up solid numbers on the mound, I'll say he's good but I want to see more than just 2 good months or something like that from last season. You're an idiot if you think Bauer is an elite starting pitcher. It takes multiple full seasons for a starting pitcher to deserve to have that label next to their name. 60 games is not even a half of a season. The elite starting pitchers in today's game includes Cole, deGrom, and Kershaw. Not a fan of Kershaw but he's still an elite starting pitcher despite no longer being at his peak. 

And here it is, if you can read: 

MLB News: Trevor Bauer Says Mike Trout Takes HGH For Thyroid | Get More Sports

4 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

If Bundy continues to pitch well like he did last season, I'll change my view on the guy. I'm not going to all of a sudden see Bundy as this very good pitcher, yet. If he continues to put up solid numbers on the mound, I'll say he's good but I want to see more than just 2 good months or something like that from last season. You're an idiot if you think Bauer is an elite starting pitcher. It takes multiple full seasons for a starting pitcher to deserve to have that label next to their name. 60 games is not even a half of a season. The elite starting pitchers in today's game includes Cole, deGrom, and Kershaw. Not a fan of Kershaw but he's still an elite starting pitcher despite no longer being at his peak. 

And here it is, if you can read: 

MLB News: Trevor Bauer Says Mike Trout Takes HGH For Thyroid | Get More Sports

So you're quoting clickbait now? That moron heard nothing from Bauer. Bauer was explicit on Twitter that he knew nothing.
Read that carefully until you understand it. The moron you're quoting was clearly referencing the tweet and misunderstood it, just like you, apparently. 

As to your drivel on Bauer being 'only good for two months', I'll just leave it except to repeat: It isn't two months. He was elite in 2018. He was injured all of 2019 (again, this is well documented and if you can't grasp that players perform poorly when injured, you probably shouldn't be airing your opinions in public). He continued his dominance in 2020. You're clearly looking for reasons to think he sucks because you already dislike him. I think he's obnoxious, but it's idiotic (especially at this point in 2021) to argue he's not elite. There's just far too much evidence otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

So you're quoting clickbait now? That moron heard nothing from Bauer. Bauer was explicit on Twitter that he knew nothing.
Read that carefully until you understand it. The moron you're quoting was clearly referencing the tweet and misunderstood it, just like you, apparently. 

As to your drivel on Bauer being 'only good for two months', I'll just leave it except to repeat: It isn't two months. He was elite in 2018. He was injured all of 2019 (again, this is well documented and if you can't grasp that players perform poorly when injured, you probably shouldn't be airing your opinions in public). He continued his dominance in 2020. You're clearly looking for reasons to think he sucks because you already dislike him. I think he's obnoxious, but it's idiotic (especially at this point in 2021) to argue he's not elite. There's just far too much evidence otherwise. 

Where did I say that Bauer was good for only two months last season? The guy who I was referring to that was good for two months last season was Bundy. Learn how to read. I already gave a clue that Bauer had one big season in 2018 earlier today. 2020? I'm not even going to judge players' performances from last season. 60 games in a season isn't even half of an MLB season. 

7 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

2020 was just a year that I wouldn't even try to judge players because the season was short. Why would I try to take my time and name the starting pitchers who are better than him? Not counting 2020, what has he done outside of 2018 that would make him not mediocre? 2014, mediocre. 2015, mediocre. 2016, mediocre. 2017, mediocre. 2019, mediocre. I can name a lot of starting pitchers better than Bauer that you have not listed yet. I'll give you a few guys who doesn't come to mind immediately. Stroman, Ryu, Sonny Gray, Luis Castillo, Hendriks, Giolito, and Nola. A few of those guys are off to slow starts but it's still early in the season. 

6 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Yes, I said he was mediocre. You have a problem? I'm not going to say that there are 70 starting pitchers better than him. But the guy is living off one fluky season in 2018 and one short season where I wouldn't even judge players on their performances. I just can't stand the guy. Hell, another reason why I can't stand him is just that he lied about Trout using HGH last season. I mean, if you're going to accuse someone of doing something, better have a reason for it. Just a mediocre pitcher who is desperate for attention because he's mediocre. 

4 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I don't see Bauer as an "elite" starting pitcher. He's a mediocre starting pitcher to me. Living off one fluky season (2018) and a season that was 60 games long. You're one of the few people who would say that he is an "elite" starting pitcher. He's not even a top-20 starting pitcher. I think you're trying to cause drama like he did when he was an idiot for accusing Trout of using HGH by saying that he is "elite". 

cmon give me a break what the hell you talking about.gif

7 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Where did I say that Bauer was good for only two months last season? The guy who I was referring to that was good for two months last season was Bundy. Learn how to read. I already gave a clue that Bauer had one big season in 2018 earlier today. 2020? I'm not even going to judge players' performances from last season. 60 games in a season isn't even half of an MLB season. 

33 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

You're an idiot if you think Bauer is an elite starting pitcher. It takes multiple full seasons for a starting pitcher to deserve to have that label next to their name. 60 games is not even a half of a season.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:59 AM, WicketMaiden said:

For some reason, and I have absolutely no idea why, but I can't stand the MFY's Brett Gardner. Every time I see his face I feel compelled to poke him in the eye. And I'm not a violent man. 

He's not an Angel killer and I'm sure he's a nice guy that does charity work and loves his mum etc, but unless I have a primal fear of people with their eyes too close together then for no good reason whatsoever I just can't stand the guy.

(Sorry Brett, nothing personal, it's not you it's me.)

I am not buying your premise. To hate someone for no good reason doesn’t make any sense. The reason is there, but you choose to not acknowledge it for some reason. Or you’re just psycho.

19 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I am not buying your premise. To hate someone for no good reason doesn’t make any sense. The reason is there, but you choose to not acknowledge it for some reason. Or you’re just psycho.

No, not hate dude, I never mentioned hate, and neither have most of the posters in the thread. I agree that's a very different and much deeper emotion. 

'Can't stand' is different, it's more about really not taking to someone for no real reason. Sometimes we just don't like people, or we don't like people for silly reasons (hair-cut / the way they walk or talk or laugh etc), for me, for absolutely no reason I can fathom, whenever I see Brett Gardner and his beady little eyes on screen I feel a strong dislike for him. He's probably a great guy and I have no reason to feel that way, which I find interesting. So I wanted to ask about other people's irrational dislikes. But hate? No, you're quite right, there is always a reason behind that.