Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

  • AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Players you can't stand, for no good reason.


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

He was really good in 2018 and for 6 starts for 2021 so far. 

I don't see how anyone can call him mediocre. 

He's easily a top 5 -8 SP. 

 Degrom, Cole, and Glassnow I'd have  higher. Maybe Burness, Kershaw, Darvish, and Bieber. 

Can you name another 60 SP better to label him as mediocre please? 

2020 was just a year that I wouldn't even try to judge players because the season was short. Why would I try to take my time and name the starting pitchers who are better than him? Not counting 2020, what has he done outside of 2018 that would make him not mediocre? 2014, mediocre. 2015, mediocre. 2016, mediocre. 2017, mediocre. 2019, mediocre. I can name a lot of starting pitchers better than Bauer that you have not listed yet. I'll give you a few guys who doesn't come to mind immediately. Stroman, Ryu, Sonny Gray, Luis Castillo, Hendriks, Giolito, and Nola. A few of those guys are off to slow starts but it's still early in the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Needless to say this was VERY satisfying when it happened....

I've always disliked Seager, but because of this incident, I decided that there actually IS a good reason for it.  Same with Eric Hosmer. I would probably dislike him no matter what, but after hi

rougned odor. he has a stupid name. he wears shorts instead of pants. he's a smarmy little weasel. he had a stupid beard, one of those without a mustache, so it made him look even

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

2020 was just a year that I wouldn't even try to judge players because the season was short. Why would I try to take my time and name the starting pitchers who are better than him? Not counting 2020, what has he done outside of 2018 that would make him not mediocre? 2014, mediocre. 2015, mediocre. 2016, mediocre. 2017, mediocre. 2019, mediocre. I can name a lot of starting pitchers better than Bauer that you have not listed yet. I'll give you a few guys who doesn't come to mind immediately. Stroman, Ryu, Sonny Gray, Luis Castillo, Hendriks, Giolito, and Nola. A few of those guys are off to slow starts but it's still early in the season. 

Castillo, Ryu, and Giolito are great picks and I'll tip my hat to you. 

However, you are not claiming Bauer is not elite. You're claiming he's mediocre. That's a subjective term, but to me that implies meh, in the middle the pack. With approx 150 active SP (30x5)  you really think 70ish SP are better? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Castillo, Ryu, and Giolito are great picks and I'll tip my hat to you. 

However, you are not claiming Bauer is not elite. You're claiming he's mediocre. That's a subjective term, but to me that implies meh, in the middle the pack. With approx 150 active SP (30x5)  you really think 70ish SP are better? 

Yes, I said he was mediocre. You have a problem? I'm not going to say that there are 70 starting pitchers better than him. But the guy is living off one fluky season in 2018 and one short season where I wouldn't even judge players on their performances. I just can't stand the guy. Hell, another reason why I can't stand him is just that he lied about Trout using HGH last season. I mean, if you're going to accuse someone of doing something, better have a reason for it. Just a mediocre pitcher who is desperate for attention because he's mediocre. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Yes, I said he was mediocre. You have a problem? I'm not going to say that there are 70 starting pitchers better than him. But the guy is living off one fluky season in 2018 and one short season where I wouldn't even judge players on their performances. I just can't stand the guy. Hell, another reason why I can't stand him is just that he lied about Trout using HGH last season. I mean, if you're going to accuse someone of doing something, better have a reason for it. Just a mediocre pitcher who is desperate for attention because he's mediocre. 

I don't have a problem. You said an elite SP was mediocre and I found it peculiar. 

I do agree with you about his personality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seager and his whining in the sandbox attitude, Hosmer’s face, Odor looks like sloth from the Goonies and Gurriel looks like a pineapple with his helmet off. 
 

I’d say all of the Asstros, but there’s an obvious actual reason there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I don't have a problem. You said an elite SP was mediocre and I found it peculiar. 

I do agree with you about his personality.

I don't see Bauer as an "elite" starting pitcher. He's a mediocre starting pitcher to me. Living off one fluky season (2018) and a season that was 60 games long. You're one of the few people who would say that he is an "elite" starting pitcher. He's not even a top-20 starting pitcher. I think you're trying to cause drama like he did when he was an idiot for accusing Trout of using HGH by saying that he is "elite". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I don't see Bauer as an "elite" starting pitcher. He's a mediocre starting pitcher to me. Living off one fluky season (2018) and a season that was 60 games long. You're one of the few people who would say that he is an "elite" starting pitcher. He's not even a top-20 starting pitcher. I think you're trying to cause drama like he did when he was an idiot for accusing Trout of using HGH by saying that he is "elite". 

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

2020 was just a year that I wouldn't even try to judge players because the season was short. Why would I try to take my time and name the starting pitchers who are better than him? Not counting 2020, what has he done outside of 2018 that would make him not mediocre? 2014, mediocre. 2015, mediocre. 2016, mediocre. 2017, mediocre. 2019, mediocre. I can name a lot of starting pitchers better than Bauer that you have not listed yet. I'll give you a few guys who doesn't come to mind immediately. Stroman, Ryu, Sonny Gray, Luis Castillo, Hendriks, Giolito, and Nola. A few of those guys are off to slow starts but it's still early in the season. 

This is factually incorrect. I assume that since you're just a Trout fan, you must know jack about baseball in general. Players break out. Dylan Bundy must still be a 5+ ERA player by your asinine logic. He broke out in 2018. He was injured most of 2019 - this is well documented - and basically everyone sucks when they try to play through injury. He's an elite player. The best front office in baseball gave him crazy money to play for them. 

5 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Yes, I said he was mediocre. You have a problem? I'm not going to say that there are 70 starting pitchers better than him. But the guy is living off one fluky season in 2018 and one short season where I wouldn't even judge players on their performances. I just can't stand the guy. Hell, another reason why I can't stand him is just that he lied about Trout using HGH last season. I mean, if you're going to accuse someone of doing something, better have a reason for it. Just a mediocre pitcher who is desperate for attention because he's mediocre. 

Not saying that there aren't reasons for disliking Bauer, but this is again false (care to try for strike three?). That was Scott Brosius' dumbass son making up nonsense. Bauer explicitly said he had no knowledge of whether Trout used HGH or not but pointed out as a general fact that a player might have a medical exemption and that would not be considered cheating. Similar to Beltre. He didn't lie about anything, so you're either ignorant or lying about him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Bauer, mediocre pitcher who begs for attention. I guess when you're a mediocre pitcher, you'll try to cause drama to get that attention. And he's a cheater, too. 

I do not his self promotion but is Baur really the standard for mediocrity 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...