• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Players you can't stand, for no good reason.

For some reason, and I have absolutely no idea why, but I can't stand the MFY's Brett Gardner. Every time I see his face I feel compelled to poke him in the eye. And I'm not a violent man. 

He's not an Angel killer and I'm sure he's a nice guy that does charity work and loves his mum etc, but unless I have a primal fear of people with their eyes too close together then for no good reason whatsoever I just can't stand the guy.

(Sorry Brett, nothing personal, it's not you it's me.)

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Needless to say this was VERY satisfying when it happened....

I've always disliked Seager, but because of this incident, I decided that there actually IS a good reason for it. 

Same with Eric Hosmer. I would probably dislike him no matter what, but after his antics during the 2014 ALDS, when he whooped and hollered like a high school cheerleader after every little thing the Royals did, there is definitely good reason for my disliking him. 

So I will go with Will Smith. His face reminds me of all the Mormon kids with whom I grew up playing basketball who never hesitated to throw a cheap elbow or knee you in the balls when the ref wasn't looking.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I've always disliked Seager, but because of this incident, I decided that there actually IS a good reason for it. 

Same with Eric Hosmer. I would probably dislike him no matter what, but after his antics during the 2014 ALDS, when he whooped and hollered like a high school cheerleader after every little thing the Royals did, there is definitely good reason for my disliking him. 

So I will go with Will Smith. His face reminds me of all the Mormon kids with whom I grew up playing basketball who never hesitated to throw a cheap elbow or knee you in the balls when the ref wasn't looking.

I never liked the guy and it's funny because he's been a good citizen and seems like a decent guy.  But he's got one of those faces where he always looks like he just got done smelling a fart...    So, when this happened..  LOL!

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I think the players I don’t like it’s usually because of who they play for. The last guy I really despised was Dustin Pedroia. What a rat faced douche 

Same here, until he punked Fenway’s crappy infield surface and praised Angel Stadium’s.

All-time disliked player: 

Arse Jerk Pierzynski

Edited by Angel Oracle

I'm with @Inside Pitch. I can't stand Seager. He literally owns us in every single game I've attended up here, many that I've watched on TV as well. 

Screw that guy! 

I was at the game that Weaver threw at Seager and right behind the Angels dugout. It was one of the best things I've witnessed at a game aside of the Angels postseason games and Vlad's 9-RBI game.

I don't know how anyone can "hate" a player for "no good reason."  That being said...

Any player in pinstripes (Bernie Williams was the one exception).  Any player in a Red Sox uniform.  Any player in an Oakland A's uniform.  Any player in a Dodgers uniform (Mike Piazza and Clayton Kershaw are exceptions).

Brett Boone, Rougned Odor, Wade Boggs, A-Rod (because he killed the Angels), Lenny Dykstra, John Rocker, AJ Pierzynski (of course), Ian Kinsler, and I'm sure there are  others...

rougned odor.

he has a stupid name.

he wears shorts instead of pants.

he's a smarmy little weasel.

he had a stupid beard, one of those without a mustache, so it made him look even dooshier.

he spiked one of our players at second base a few years ago, and it appeared to be on purpose.

he's a punk.

p.s. apologies to the OG. it appears i have reasons.

42 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

In a small sample size of games (60). 

He was really good in 2018 and for 6 starts for 2021 so far. 

I don't see how anyone can call him mediocre. 

He's easily a top 5 -8 SP. 

Degrom, Cole, and Glassnow I'd have  higher. Maybe Burness, Kershaw, Darvish, and Bieber. 

Can you name another 60 SP better to label him as mediocre please? 

Edited by Erstad Grit

I have been following the Angels since 1961, so there have been quite a few players that I have formed a dislike for. But the all time worst for me was Jonathan Papelbon of the Red Sox. A Relief Pitcher that always dominated the Angels. But I'll always remember that 2009 play-off series when we had that infamous 9th inning rally against him and won the Division Series.   

28 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

This asshat.  Hands down.  I hate Verlander.

CA743250-19D8-49E3-88BC-75BAA49173A5.jpeg

Especially after the crying over Aybar’s bunt breaking up the no-hitter in 2011, never mind it was a close game.

Speaking of which, can’t forget this guy’s total douchebaggery upon homering off Weave in that same game.

Shame to have so much crying/douchebaggery in a game featuring the two best pitchers by far in the AL that season.

F5C66F30-BC78-470B-9766-23F99AECA63A.png

Edited by Angel Oracle