• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani Splitter is Unhittable

Dtwncbad

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Displaying the upper portion of a cock with SpongeBob suggestively biting his lip? Generally speaking, if a penis is the central focus of a picture then it's gay. 

A liiiitttle homophobic there Jason.

But anyway, Ohtani's splitter sure is a pitch that exists. He should throw it as much as he can.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

A liiiitttle homophobic there Jason.

But anyway, Ohtani's splitter sure is a pitch that exists. He should throw it as much as he can.

As long as he can command his 4-seam fastball like he showed in innings 2-5 in his last start. That split is going to be lethal in generating whiffs. 

The curve and slider are good too when he's commanding them. If he's got all four pitches working on any given start he could put up deGrom numbers. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Does his 4-seamer have any movement? Seems straight as an arrow to me. 

But if he keeps it down it's going to keep hitters off balance when he's hitting 98. 

I do not think that really matters as his slider and split have so much that it will easily keep hitters of balance. They pretty much will have to swing at the FB but if it's located well it will get outs. 

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Does his 4-seamer have any movement? Seems straight as an arrow to me. 

But if he keeps it down it's going to keep hitters off balance when he's hitting 98. 

No. I think he's been throwing a two-seamer though, but just not as much. I'd like for him to add a cutter. 

But I'm greedy like that. 

Jakob Junis of the Royals developed a cutter this spring and he's been fantastic since the Royals added him to the rotation recently. 

Look at that cutter move against the Pirates. 

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

No. I think he's been throwing a two-seamer though, but just not as much. I'd like for him to add a cutter. 

But I'm greedy like that. 

Jakob Junis of the Royals developed a cutter this spring and he's been fantastic since the Royals added him to the rotation recently. 

Look at that cutter move against the Pirates. 

That moves almost like a slider 

His splitter has always been sublime, but the slider he was throwing late in his last start is my new favourite Ohtani thing. To a RHH it looks like it's going to hit them, if the arm-slot is right it looks like a fastball to the head/chest (which is no small thing when the guy you're facing throws at 100mph) and just at the point that the hitter appears to be about to duck out of the way, the ball swerves like a combat jet and whips into the zone for a strike. I mean, how do you face that? What do you do as a hitter? Guess? Hope?

If anyone has a gif of the slider to post I would be very grateful.

Final thought, isn't it time for a permanent Ohtani thread, similar to the Troutstanding one? Or is that a bit too jinxy?