• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LG TV owners...

Jay

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Can you play MLB.TV on your device?

On mine (it's a cheap model for the garage) I see no MLB.TV app, and it won't let me cast either.

How do you do it?

I heard LG only lets you do that stuff if it's a Dodger's game 

Just now, Blarg said:

LG has a shitty selection of apps. Great picture but for a smart TV it's pretty dumb.

I was surprised actually.

I have this cheap 24" LG that I was using for some work stuff and I decided to move it out to the garage. I think it's a $129 tv. Most of my tv's are Samsung and I also have a Sony XBR Android tv.

But then I found that the LG has no MLB.TV app. I thought MLB.TV was on everything.

Couldn't even cast MLB to it, that's strange.

And if you go to MLB.com, LG is not on their list of supported devices.

I have an old Gen 1 chromecast that seems to be working. Not a very deep buffer.

I think also you can "screen mirror" from your phone, so that's an option.

5 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

I don’t use MLB.tv, but I use AT&T.

Since I have an LG™️ OLED I have the option to AirPlay from my iPhone 12™️

Yeah so everything I do is streaming.

If I wanted to pay for MLB.TV I could buy it through Google (YTTV).

T-Mobile pays for my MLB.TV subscription so the only option is to use one of the apps, or you can also use a web browser on desktop.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

LG has a shitty selection of apps. Great picture but for a smart TV it's pretty dumb.

As one of the boards tech gurus...

I need to get a new TV. Just did a home remodel, and my tvs are about 13 years old, give or take.

Im leaning towards samsung... the 8000 line (if I have that right). I just want to be able to stream amazon prime and vudu in 4K (the movies that are in 4K at least). Is the 8000 line "good enough"? I dont need the best.... my tvs are again, going back to the stock market crash in 2008

I'm a Samsung guy myself but I did buy the 75" Sony Android.

If I recall the Samsungs go 6000 at the lowest level, then you move up to 7000, and 8000. So I think 8000 is the highest.

One of the Samsungs has a "single wire" capability so there's a base unit you can have off to the side and a single wire that has power, video etc. going up to the panel. I thought that was pretty slick, you can have a super-clean wall-mounted installation. I didn't buy it though, my wife didn't want me to hang a tv on the wall of our new house.

So we got the Sony XBR75 and set it on top of a console.

One thing you'll definitely want is a soundbar.

Watch out for software glitch on the Samsung.  I have had lots of Samsung’s and no problems.  But bought a new one from Costco for my main living room TV, and there is a big big problem.

It just decides all on its own that I would prefer to watch SamsungTV (their own app) instead of Hulu or Netflix.  It just switches over to their app on its own and then you cannot get out of the app.

No software update could fix it.  I replaced the remote thinking maybe the remote was sending a command.  I did the unplug and plug back in Huong 78 times.

Anyway I could take it back to Costco no problem but what a huge pain in the ass to take down an 82” TV, haul It back to Costco, get a new one, haul it home and mount the new one.

So screw it.  Firestick.  That avoids all the problems.

This wasn’t the plan but I surrender to the easiest solution.

Anyway watch out for that problem.

36 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

As one of the boards tech gurus...

I need to get a new TV. Just did a home remodel, and my tvs are about 13 years old, give or take.

Im leaning towards samsung... the 8000 line (if I have that right). I just want to be able to stream amazon prime and vudu in 4K (the movies that are in 4K at least). Is the 8000 line "good enough"? I dont need the best.... my tvs are again, going back to the stock market crash in 2008

Get an LG OLED. You won’t regret it

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yeah so everything I do is streaming.

If I wanted to pay for MLB.TV I could buy it through Google (YTTV).

T-Mobile pays for my MLB.TV subscription so the only option is to use one of the apps, or you can also use a web browser on desktop.

Wait so MLB.TV doesn’t give you the option to cast? Even using Google Chrome?

Edited by Φαήλος

5 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

Wait so MLB.TV doesn’t give you the option to cast? Even using Google Chrome?

MLB.TV gives you the option to cast, but the LG TV doesn't support casting from MLB.TV.

Even when you cast from Chrome you're really casting from that particular website and the TV needs to support it.

The LG supports casting from YouTube, YouTubeTV maybe others but not MLB.TV.

18 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

I mean I’d even suggest a Samsung OLED. The picture quality of OLED vs LED is jaw dropping 

Haven't checked in awhile but when you get up into the 75" class the OLEDs are a bit pricey.