• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4/27/2021) Ohtani in the lineup!

Chuck

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

Suzuki's knee is probably sore as hell after that foul ball yesterday.

Bemboom has grown on me as a backup catcher. He seems to do a better job at pitch framing than Suzuki. 

That said, as much as we give kudos to Ohtani last night in innings 2-5, Suzuki did a great job in those innings framing up Ohtani's pitches. 

9 minutes ago, axalar said:

Piling on to how deep this lineup is...

After a slow start to the season, Jose Iglesias is now hitting .319/.333/.447 for an OPS of .780 over the last 12 games (batting .200 after the first 9 games of the season).

Fletcher and Iglesias are pretty much the same guy. Good contact rates, low walks. 

Right now Iggy has him by 100 points in OPS however. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Mike Trout has reached base safely in 17 of his 18 games played to start 2021. He returned to the Angels lineup last night after missing three games and recorded his 20th career 4+ hit game; in Angels history only Garret Anderson (31) and Tim Salmon (21) have more 4+ hit games.

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Major props to Upton and Pujols. They are producing near the peak of what could be expected of them. 

I think Upton should have a higher on base percentage but at least he's showing some power. Albert is playing much better than anyone here anticipated but I fear his age will show itself more as the season goes on and his old body tires out. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Albert is playing much better than anyone here anticipated but I fear his age will show itself more as the season goes on and his old body tires out. 

How is Rojas at1b?  Walsh should be the RF for now.

50 minutes ago, axalar said:

Piling on to how deep this lineup is...

After a slow start to the season, Jose Iglesias is now hitting .319/.333/.447 for an OPS of .780 over the last 12 games (batting .200 after the first 9 games of the season).

And in his last 12 games, Pujols is hitting .256 with a slash line of .319/.535/.854

5 minutes ago, Revad said:

How is Rojas at1b?  Walsh should be the RF for now.

I don't know but I think they will have to experiment a little as the Fowler and Legares injuries kind of threw a monkey wrench into their plans. I'm not sure how they will handle it but I assume Rojas may be in that conversation.