• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4-26-2021) - The Trout and Rendon return edition

10 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Genuinely asking because I don't know...other than a player just drafted and hasn't signed yet...has any young prospect really forced an issue in baseball? What issue with Marsh and/or Adell force? Adell looked like dog shit last year he has no room to force any issue and Marsh is at best a Sept. call up at this point... 

I guess you are being sarcastic but I'm not sure how to respond.....Lackey got a mid-season call up in 2002 and KRod very late in that year....we don't win the championship without them....they both were good prospects but weren't necessarily thought to be ready that year (particularly KRod)....but they "forced the issue" during the minor league season and, unexpectedly, were key parts of a championship team....My memory is fuzzy but I think Garrett Anderson "forced" a move of Tony Phillips from LF to 3b in 1995 (which worked out pretty well until Phillips relapsed). Weaver was a little more predictable in 2006 but he was so good at SLC they (eventually) had to put him in the rotation....I have no idea if Adell or Marsh could be that good at SLC....but they might...the original point was how it might relate to Pujols....I remember Weaver being sent back to SLC because they didn't want to drop anybody from the rotation (they eventually traded his brother)....he was clearly ready, hell he was outstanding....I would hope Pujols doesn't stand in the way of Marsh or Adell, if they are ready this year....for now, they surely need time at SLC....so we'll see....

25 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Great game last night.  

Now, can someone hop over to Vasgergian's house and upgrade his dial-up modem to some high speed wi-fi?  It would be nice if he caught up to the action while announcing it.

There is an inherent delay in the satellite feeds or stream to them but their mics are live mixed into the broadcast in real time from their off site location.

The only way to sync them to the broadcast is feed them the video then bounce that feed back to the uplink with their voices. Not going to happen, the logistics with commercial integration and sending, and bouncing back the signal is impractible and expensive.

As is the announce team as has a split audio feed so they hear what is going on through their headsets but not their own voice in delay. It's a lot of work for the board operator but something they actually do for archival purposes, a complete split of all audio tracks, music, crowd noise, field mics and the announcers. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

There is an inherent delay in the satellite feeds or stream to them but their mics are live mixed into the broadcast in real time from their off site location.

The only way to sync them to the broadcast is feed them the video then bounce that feed back to the uplink with their voices. Not going to happen, the logistics with commercial integration and sending, and bouncing back the signal is impractible and expensive.

As is the announce team as has a split audio feed so they hear what is going on through their headsets but not their own voice in delay. It's a lot of work for the board operator but something they actually do for archival purposes, a complete split of all audio tracks, music, crowd noise, field mics and the announcers. 

Sigh.

You work in the business, right?

Can you explain why espn (and probably other nets) are able to do hundreds of pandemic basketball games and football games without a hitch?

There have been so many games I have watched in the last year to be surprised to see the dudes at halftime, broadcasting from their basement or wherever.  I never even had a clue they weren't courtside or in a pressbox, it was so seamless.

Last night, the right fielder is gathering in a batted ball, and throwing it back to the infield, and we hear Vasgergian saying, "ball hit to right field".

We really need to get these announcers back into the stadium.  I realize it is more than just a couple of dudes and a mic to make this happen, but maybe MLB can step up and help make this happen.  I would assume that each team has a department that travels with the team to make sure everything is working with audio and visual.  Maybe MLB just has the home team make sure the away teams audio guys equipment is working so we really only need the four “on air” guys to travel with the team.  Just a thought.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

We really need to get these announcers back into the stadium.  I realize it is more than just a couple of dudes and a mic to make this happen, but maybe MLB can step up and help make this happen.  I would assume that each team has a department that travels with the team to make sure everything is working with audio and visual.  Maybe MLB just has the home team make sure the away teams audio guys equipment is working so we really only need the four “on air” guys to travel with the team.  Just a thought.  

Has Manfred given any indication when announcers (home and away) are allowed into the stadium?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If they've been vaccinated then there is no reason they shouldn't be traveling with the team. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sounds good. Lagares too right?

Good, and also frustrating that any day now has been 5 days.

Suzuki can’t be getting the majority of starts for much longer, with his lack of defense and pitch framing.

Plus, getting back Stassi makes the lineup even more dangerous.

11 hours ago, ScottT said:

It's ridiculous that anyone shits on Ohtani... or the Angels for having him try to do both.  Especially Angels fans.

It's amazing what he's doing 

It's even more amazing considering how many setbacks he's faced and all the doubts people had even before he signed on to the Angels (i.e Kershaw's "Good luck to him" snide remark).

5 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

It's even more amazing considering how many setbacks he's faced and all the doubts people had even before he signed on to the Angels (i.e Kershaw's "Good luck to him" snide remark).

I missed that one 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I missed that one 

I never forgot it. Kershaw is a fucker

"I [couldn't] care less now," Kershaw told reporters Wednesday when asked if he was excited to face Ohtani. "He didn't pick us. Good luck to him."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22681854/clayton-kershaw-los-angeles-dodgers-strikes-shohei-ohtani-los-angeles-angels

Edited by Φαήλος

6 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

Whatever.  It’s exactly how we all feel about players that pick other teams.  How do you feel about Bauer now?  How would you feel about him if he came to the Angels?  Cole?  Odorizzi?  

8 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

Hmmm....Kershaw is genuinely a good dude so I think you may be reading into this in a way it wasn't meant. At least I'd like to think that you are.