• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani might be our only decent pitcher

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

The sample size is the better part of 10 years, and especially the last 3+. Looking at our pitching rankings going back: 25th, 25th, 19th, 12th, 21st, etc etc

And the last several years have zero bearing on this year, none. New pitchers, new decision makers.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

And the last several years have zero bearing on this year, none. New pitchers, new decision makers.  

Zero? Would you like to provide some justification for that? Maybe a statistical analysis that backs up this point? 

TIL that our pitching staff simply materialized out of the void at the beginning of this season and that there is no (specifically, zero) prior history, scouting reports, anything really, that could have been used to make an evaluation of them.

I guess I'm just thinking of different pitchers that have consistently disappointed or gotten injured in prior years, my mistake. With technological advances these days enabling you to create humans in labs and shift the fabric of time and space it's easy to get confused, my apologies. 

15 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Zero? Would you like to provide some justification for that? Maybe a statistical analysis that backs up this point? 

TIL that our pitching staff simply materialized out of the void at the beginning of this season and that there is no (specifically, zero) prior history, scouting reports, anything really, that could have been used to make an evaluation of them.

I guess I'm just thinking of different pitchers that have consistently disappointed or gotten injured in prior years, my mistake. With technological advances these days enabling you to create humans in labs and shift the fabric of time and space it's easy to get confused, my apologies. 

Statistical information?  Ok 10 of 16 guys that have pitched this year for the Angels had never pitched fir us before.  Every decision maker in the front office is different. Matt Wise isn’t Callaway.  So yea, zero. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would say that Canning and Othani are our best starters! Which isn't bad, Canning has looked much better than what the ERA suggest, and along with othani its a solid 1-2 punch. 

Heaney is heaney, he pitches like he throws in the mid to uppers 90s, yet is mostly in the low 90s and when he miss up in the zone, the ball isn't coming back. 

Bundy is a command over stuff guy, if he can't command his stuff than its a bad day, and if he can than its good day...well with the lack of wins for him, it's a bad day even when he has a good start

Cobb a bit similar to Bundy, without the extra plus offspeed  stuff/arsenal

Quintana....... I preferred Richards over him..... that's all. 

• fan_since79 changed the title to Ohtani might be our only decent pitcher