• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani might be our only decent pitcher

Huh? Bundy is, at least, "decent." Cobb got blown out in one game, but was solid in the other two. Quintana sucked in his first two starts, but was very good in his last. Both should be, at least, solid #4s. C Rodriguez is still getting in legs, but has been solid.

The bullpen is concerning and Canning looks the worst he's looked in the majors, but to say that those two are our only decent pitchers is hyperbole on overdrive.

Edited by Angelsjunky

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's just how I feel after this disaster of a game.

Bundy's a decent #2-3 pitcher, I'll give you that. But we're not a postseason team with this staff, imo.

It’s always been the big question for this team. Bullpen somewhat too but the season will rise or fall with the rotation....and you have to wonder if adding Quintana and Cobb was enough to move the needle....

31 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Huh? Bundy is, at least, "decent." Cobb got blown out in one game, but was solid in the other two. Quintana sucked in his first two starts, but was very good in his last. Both should be, at least, solid #4s. C Rodriguez is still getting in legs, but has been solid.

The bullpen is concerning and Canning looks the worst he's looked in the majors, but to say that those two are our only decent pitchers is hyperbole on overdrive.

And the game Cobb was blown out in the hardest hit ball was 83 mph. 

Othani is 1/2 when he is  on. but there still is a lot of work to do.

Bundy and Heaney are both solid 2/3.

I'm starting to think that Canning may have been rushed a little too early. he still struggles with his command in the zone. at the moment he's shown to be a solid 4.

Cobbs and Quintana have shown to be solid 5s.

Another thing to consider is that a few of these guys haven't thrown in a few some time since the delays.

Cobb hadn't thrown in 10 days and he did not have the command he's shown in the first two starts. Canning just threw a Bullpen a few days ago that could have affected him today. 

regarding the bad Bullpen. you also have to consider that a few guys were overused. Mayers was over used before the blown save, and the other guys are also getting over used. 

Second, I can say that Maddon has made a deep bad pitching decision and has led to those losses. 

What we need:

1. Innings out of the Rotation. I maybe wrong but I believe out everyone's 3 starts, only Bundy and Heaney has gone over 6 innings in atleast 2 of their starts.  We needs innings, plain and simple from the Rotation.

2. Better Bullpen management we got a good group, just need Maddon to have a better understanding of the guys ( basically dont bring in a contact pitcher in a base's loaded situation) 

What we lack

1. A front of the Rotation arm ( well almost every team needs one)

2. Stability

3. one power arm in the Bullpen. I believe we need a another high stike out guy in the Bullpen 

4. Figure out the 7th inning guy

Just now, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Othani is 1/2 when he is  on. but there still is a lot of work to do.

Bundy and Heaney are both solid 2/3.

I'm starting to think that Canning may have been rushed a little too early. he still struggles with his command in the zone. at the moment he's shown to be a solid 4.

Cobbs and Quintana have shown to be solid 5s.

Another thing to consider is that a few of these guys haven't thrown in a few some time since the delays.

Cobb hadn't thrown in 10 days and he did not have the command he's shown in the first two starts. Canning just threw a Bullpen a few days ago that could have affected him today. 

regarding the bad Bullpen. you also have to consider that a few guys were overused. Mayers was over used before the blown save, and the other guys are also getting over used. 

Second, I can say that Maddon has made a deep bad pitching decision and has led to those losses. 

What we need:

1. Innings out of the Rotation. I maybe wrong but I believe out everyone's 3 starts, only Bundy and Heaney has gone over 6 innings in atleast 2 of their starts.  We needs innings, plain and simple from the Rotation.

2. Better Bullpen management we got a good group, just need Maddon to have a better understanding of the guys ( basically dont bring in a contact pitcher in a base's loaded situation) 

What we lack

1. A front of the Rotation arm ( well almost every team needs one)

2. Stability

3. one power arm in the Bullpen. I believe we need a another high stike out guy in the Bullpen 

4. Figure out the 7th inning guy

Halos do not have a good group in pen. It is only 3 week and pen is on burn out. Who will they bring up for Sunday?

43 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Bullpen on burnout in 3rd week of season. 2022 will need 4 starters maybe 5 and a whole new pen.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Halos do not have a good group in pen. It is only 3 week and pen is on burn out. Who will they bring up for Sunday?

- Clauddio, who outside on one bad outing where he alot 2 runs has really solid. His ERa is high, but Fip and xfip are under 3. 

- Mayer he's given up 4 runs in 11 inning, most which came on a questionable pitching change. But he's lights out. But he's already at 11ing, more than a few of our staters 

- Slegers again his ERA is high, but FIp and xfip are under 3. 

- Guerra- he got roughed up today, but he just threw 2.1 innings 2 days ago 

- Cishek is one of those guys that isn't asked to throw 42 pitches in a game. He's a one inning guy, I understand there was reason why he had to throw that many pitches,But Maddon needs to do a better job at managing his Bullpens. Cishek is solid underrated guy that brings a different arm angle.

- Watson/Rowen: solid job so far.

Iglesias: has been iffy and need to get back to his dominates self. 

Guys we van bring up?

1. Hoyt is option

2. Pena is/should be reasy to go

3. Dennis Brady is another option

4. A name to keep an eye on in the minor that could be in the Bullpen later this season is Oliver Ortega 

The ones in this rotation that should be part of 2022’s rotation are Bundy, Ohtani (arm health permitting), and either Cobb or Quintana.   Just don’t trust Heaney or Canning beyond this year.   

Add Detmers and CRod to that in 2022.

Use Pujols’ salary removal to re-sign Bundy and Cobb, with enough left over to bring in a real (not declining) closer.

Edited by Angel Oracle

5 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Saying Bundy is less than decent is a really bad take. 

I'd also argue Cobb and Quintana are "decent". 

Sure, they put together an occasional good start, but then you look at the league stats and we have the worst ERA in the league by a good half run and counting. There's just no consistency. 

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Sure, they put together an occasional good start, but then you look at the league stats and we have the worst ERA in the league by a good half run and counting. There's just no consistency. 

Bundy has been much better than an occasional good start. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Bundy has been much better than an occasional good start. 

Ok great, we have one pitcher with an ERA of 4.20 that falls under this category. And yet the league stats speak for themselves. Like I get standards are low and the pitchers will randomly get better in late August when we're 15 games out but this happens every year

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

Ok great, we have one pitcher with an ERA of 4.20 that falls under this category. And yet the league stats speak for themselves. Like I get standards are low and the pitchers will randomly get better in late August when we're 15 games out but this happens every year

Or the sample size of threads like this leave a lot to be desired.