• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Longtime Angels executive Tim Mead steps down from Hall of Fame post

rafibomb

Tim Mead, who spent 40 years with the Angels before leaving two years ago to become President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, is resigning from his post in Cooperstown.

Mead has maintained a residence in Southern California and found it too difficult on his family to work so far away, he said in a statement.

“I made the recent leap with every intention of following in the footsteps of my predecessors, in continuing their efforts in maintaining the Hall of Fame as a critical component of the game,” Mead wrote. “Try as I might, even with the unwavering support of my family, these last 22 months have been challenging in maintaining my responsibilities to them.”

Mead will end his tenure with the Hall sometime in mid May.

Prior to accepting the job in Cooperstown, Mead spent 22 years as the Angels vice president in charge of communications. Prior to that he had worked in various jobs in baseball operations, including as assistant general manager in the 1990s.

View the full article

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh boy

Why that response?

Why he's leaving...

“I made the recent leap with every intention of following in the footsteps of my predecessors, in continuing their efforts in maintaining the Hall of Fame as a critical component of the game,” Mead continued. “Try as I might, even with the unwavering support of my family, these last 22 months have been challenging in maintaining my responsibilities to them.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Why that response?

Why he's leaving...

“I made the recent leap with every intention of following in the footsteps of my predecessors, in continuing their efforts in maintaining the Hall of Fame as a critical component of the game,” Mead continued. “Try as I might, even with the unwavering support of my family, these last 22 months have been challenging in maintaining my responsibilities to them.

His social media is all about his grandson, sounds like the allure of the job isn't enough to be away from the simple things.

Good for him if that's the choice he made.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Why that response?

Why he's leaving...

Good for Tim Mead. I know that being away from his family and grand son has been really hard on him. 

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

His social media is all about his grandson, sounds like the allure of the job isn't enough to be away from the simple things.

Good for him if that's the choice he made.

Ha, we were thinking and typing the same thing at the same time. 

32 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Why that response?

Why he's leaving...

Thank god. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Seems odd to leave a job you've been in for decades in order to jump into your dream job only to quit less than 2 years later.

Tim Mead has checked all the boxes in his career and has left an amazing baseball legacy and should be proud. 

You can't get the time back that you're not with your family, especially kids and grand kids. 

Good move for Tim. 

My first thought was it had something to do with the Skaggs situation. I’m not implying he knew or was guilty of any wrongdoing, but more of a situation where his name was going to come up and he, out of respect, didn’t want to have the Hall of Fame go through that.  Hence my “oh boy” post earlier.  I’m VERY happy that doesn’t appear to be the case. 

Good for him.

Ive met him a few times and hes a really good guy. Funny enough, I actually ran into him at the airport when he was coming back from his HOF interview. Asked him what he was doing out there since the season was going, but he wouldnt say.

Had a loooooong flight delay... like 7 hours, so we talked at length.

That time was no different than every other time Id talked to him..... hes very family orientated. We talked at length about the things he wanted to do with his kid once he retired (travel wise). I hope he does that now.... 

He was interested in some of the places Ive been, and I told to go before its too late.... I really hope that finally clicked for him.

I hope all of you reading this get that, too. Life catches up faster than you think.... and faster than you think, you wont have your original family around to do things with.... dont waste time, assuming it will always be there....

Congrats, Tim, if youre reading this.