• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Royals (4-13-2021)

Chuck

Spoiler

Frustrating, to say the least. So many left on base. Trout with the 'golden sombrero' and a stupid ricochet in the groin to end the game. 

How long will Rojas' cup of coffee last? There have to be better options. Jay actually battled hard at the plate. Just one of those games where they couldn't get the clutch hit.

The feed I had to watch was from K.C. Jeez, so damned annoying. A live auction going on in the background for a dinner with George Brett. $32,000 at last count. Every Brett anecdote possible trotted out. And Rex Hudler as commentator! Yes, he did sneak the cheese by him.

2 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Unfortunate ending.  Angels had their chances, though.

I still can't fathom why Pujols was moved to 4th in the order, before Walsh.... but Pujols had a nice game.  Nuts, squirrels, and lineup continuity... oh, my.

Yeah, he had a good day at the plate, but there's no reason he should be hitting fourth in this lineup ever at this point.

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Unfortunate ending.  Angels had their chances, though.

I still can't fathom why Pujols was moved to 4th in the order, before Walsh.... but Pujols had a nice game.  Nuts, squirrels, and lineup continuity... oh, my.

I think Maddon wanted to separate the only two lefties in the order by one more batter. Originally Upton was penciled in 4th. 

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think Maddon wanted to separate the only two lefties in the order by one more batter. Originally Upton was penciled in 4th. 

Apparently. I still don't get it. Walsh is a better hitter. Against rhp. Against lhp. Against people that throw with their feet.  

That's why Pujols was originally hitting lower, I'm guessing.

I want the better hitter higher in the order. It's not like there would've been consecutive lefties 

11 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Apparently. I still don't get it. Walsh is a better hitter. Against rhp. Against lhp. Against people that throw with their feet.  

That's why Pujols was originally hitting lower, I'm guessing.

I want the better hitter higher in the order. It's not like there would've been consecutive lefties 

That was always done to force them to either burn 2 lefty relievers or get a possible mismatch against the pen. Probably not as prominent with a 3 batter rule but apparently Madden thinks more of Pujols than you do

The Royals only have one lefty reliever, I think.  According to our broadcast team, that was the case on Monday.

Albert Pujols should not be batting fourth.  Despite injuries. Despite lefty righty stuff. Despite the fact he had a good game.

Sheesh...he even came into the game with poor results against Duffy. 4 for 24 with a home run.

I love Joe Maddon, but yikes. 

Like having Jay on the Taxi Squad and now in the lineup, Maddon goes with veterans just like Scioscia did when there were changes in the roster. There really wasn't anyone after Walsh that slotted into the 4th hole as well as Pujols and Maddon did split the lefties up in previous outings. This was not outside of his roster playbook. 

8 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

Maddon made the wrong decision by starting Bundy and playing Ohtani. 

8 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

Maddon made the wrong decision by starting Bundy and playing Ohtani. 

I disagree

I disagree