• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who will win RF?

Who will win RF?   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win RF?

• Taylor Ward
    • Scott Schebler
    • Jo Adell
    • Brandon Marsh
    • Juan Lagares
    • None (committee)
    • Jon Jay
    • Jared Walsh

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2021 at 07:00 AM

So far Jo Adell is the underdog, given his prospective rank and athleticism over the competition, a little surprised to see that. 

Also a little unfair I put Jose Rojas on the poll since he can fill so many potential positions, he is certainly capable of playing RF but it seems he will be more of a utility player.

Edit: I added Brandon Marsh to the poll and removed Jose Rojas

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It seems like the Halos' plans for LF and RF are very murky. Maybe they'll get lucky with their currents prospects but they probably should look at other options in the next couple of drafts. 

Can't agree with you there. If there's one area that the Angels are set for years to come, it is the OF. Marsh, Adell, Adams, Knowles, Deveaux, Ramirez, Calabrese, Reyes. That's a lot of talent. Even if only half become solid major leaguers, you've got a nice crop.

46 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Pretty underwhelmed by Thaiss. He just seems, well, ordinary. What am I missing?

He could be a decent hitter, but hasn't really gotten an extended chance. I see him as a bit of a potential late bloomer who could turn into a .280/.350/.450 type.

57 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Can't agree with you there. If there's one area that the Angels are set for years to come, it is the OF. Marsh, Adell, Adams, Knowles, Deveaux, Ramirez, Calabrese, Reyes. That's a lot of talent. Even if only half become solid major leaguers, you've got a nice crop.

Obviously you follow the developmental players much closer than I do but how far away are these guys from being an everyday MLB player? If they are deep there then shouldn’t they trade for help in that position this year as it appears this team may be good enough to actually contend?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Obviously you follow the developmental players much closer than I do but how far away are these guys from being an everyday MLB player? If they are deep there then shouldn’t they trade for help in that position this year as it appears this team may be good enough to actually contend?

Just my opinion, of course: Marsh is almost ready, maybe only need a month or three in the minors, and Adell should be ready later this year, or early next. I could see Adams getting his first call-up in late 2022, ready for a gig in 2023. Knowles and Deveaux 2023-24. The rest 2024 and beyond.

I think the reason you don't trade any of them--yet--is a combination of the missed season last year and the fact that most of them are quite young. Meaning, they haven't reached "peak trading value." 

A year from now, Jordyn Adams could be a very valuable prospect, either in trade, or making one of Adell or Marsh available.

Deveaux and Knowles will probably end up as either solid starters or fourth outfielders, with Knowles having a higher floor and Deveaux a slightly higher ceiling (again, imo).

Calabrese and Ramirez are very young, but have significant upside. 

The bottom line: The Angels have a ton of outfield talent and will have a better sense of things by the end of this year. At that point, they will be better positioned to trade one or two of them for needed players, be it pitching, a catcher, etc.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

$10 million isn't cheap.

Come on Lou.  You and I both know there isn’t a chance in hell the Angels (or any team) would make a trade for Calhoun and take on that money.

The D’backs would be thrilled to move Calhoun and eat most of that salary.

24 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Come on Lou.  You and I both know there isn’t a chance in hell the Angels (or any team) would make a trade for Calhoun and take on that money.

You're the one who advocated acquiring Calhoun because he would come cheap, not me. 

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

You're the one who advocated acquiring Calhoun because he would come cheap, not me. 

I don’t believe that you think I was taking about his salary.  You are a great poster  on this board Lou but not buying it.  Sorry, there is just no way you think that.

You just chose to be cute.  And that’s fine it’s your thing.  Your best thing actually.  But not believable in this case.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t believe that you think I was taking about his salary.  You are a great poster  on this board Lou but not buying it.  Sorry, there is just no way you think that.

You just chose to be cute.  And that’s fine it’s your thing.  Your best thing actually.  But not believable in this case.

I take everything into account when someone advocates trading for a player - salary, players, etc. 

It all has value. Saying Calhoun would be cheap to acquire is just plain wrong. 

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I like Calhoun and what he did for the Halos as much as anyone here -- but are we really talking about taking steps backwards here?

When Arte nixed the Stripling/Pederson deal with the Dodgers (still a head scorcher for me) we let go of the Calhoun replacement - right down to all the strikeouts (both Pederson and Calhoun accumulate a lot of K's) -- not getting Pederson was not a loss to us - IMO -- losing Sfripling for our rotation was the bigger issue.  Oh well - any of the guys mentioned in the poll would be suitable - and better - than reacquiring Calhoun,.

Adell, Marsh and I'd give Walsh a look out there.

not that impressed with Jon Jay tonight -- but he does have a good glove in the OF.

25 minutes ago, disarcina said:

I like Calhoun and what he did for the Halos as much as anyone here -- but are we really talking about taking steps backwards here?

When Arte nixed the Stripling/Pederson deal with the Dodgers (still a head scorcher for me) we let go of the Calhoun replacement - right down to all the strikeouts (both Pederson and Calhoun accumulate a lot of K's) -- not getting Pederson was not a loss to us - IMO -- losing Sfripling for our rotation was the bigger issue.  Oh well - any of the guys mentioned in the poll would be suitable - and better - than reacquiring Calhoun,.

Adell, Marsh and I'd give Walsh a look out there.

not that impressed with Jon Jay tonight -- but he does have a good glove in the OF.

Pederson was a FA after last season.  We'd have lost him anyway.  

Just now, disarcina said:

Jon Jay just got DFA'd or optioned / released by the Halos.

He was once pretty good - looked awful in his ABs with the Halos the past week.

Known to have a good glove in the OF - maybe he can catch on elsewhere

Good riddance