• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dexter Fowler has a torn ACL

mmc

Ward makes all the sense in the world given that the Angels are already running with a short bench and that Ohtani will likely hit when he pitches, meaning a lot of pinch-hitting, defensive changes, and double switches. He also hit well last year and this spring.

Rengifo would likely be the next option, also because of his versatility, followed by guys like Gosselin or Wong being added.

Then I think they start getting into the guys like Schebler, Jay, Adell, and Marsh. 

Thaiss might even make sense before them.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Ward makes all the sense in the world given that the Angels are already running with a short bench and that Ohtani will likely hit when he pitches, meaning a lot of pinch-hitting, defensive changes, and double switches. He also hit well last year and this spring.

Rengifo would likely be the next option, also because of his versatility, followed by guys like Gosselin or Wong being added.

Then I think they start getting into the guys like Schebler, Jay, Adell, and Marsh. 

Thaiss might even make sense before them.

Jay over Ward is all the Maddon "quirkiness" I can handle if it goes that way

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

It’ll be kind of telling if Walsh starts getting a lot of playing time in RF.

While it means we probably see more Pujols now, if Walsh somehow starts proving solid in RF, could lead to some theories that the Angels pursue someone like Freeman or Rizzo in FA.

This would be all sorts of awful and us repeating history.

With Marsh, Adell, and Adams in the farm system, I sure hope Walsh sticks at 1B, as we should have plenty of OF options.  I really do not want to see another mega-deal for a 1B, even if it's Freeman.  

Allocate most of the money towards SP and use some to re-sign Iglesias or spend a similar amount on another FA SS (Semien, Simmons, etc - not Seager, Correa, etc).

40 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Some combination of Walsh/Rojas/Legares for now, no doubt Walsh gets the majority of the ab's, either in RF or 1B. 

i agree with this, though i'd add ward to the mix, too. not terribly interested in seeing much of schebler.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Fowler was only supposed to be a placeholder but his early exit creates a problem. Not unsurmountable but may put pressure on getting Adell or Marsh promoted earlier than scheduled.

My thought was one of the two would have been phased into the lineup after the All Star break but now that may change.

Regardless, the new stopgap is not going to be as effective as Fowler considering all of the experience he brought to the position. Who would have thought a missplay by Bichette at SS would have taken down Fowler on a freak force play.  

They should replace the placeholder with another placeholder, like Taylor Ward. 

I think they let it play out with Lagares/Rojas/Walsh in RF until they return home.

Once they do, I think then they may make a move since they'll have more options, as the alt site is closer to California than Kansas City.

8 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I think they let it play out with Lagares/Rojas/Walsh in RF until they return home.

Once they do, I think then they may make a move since they'll have more options, as the alt site is closer to California than Kansas City.

Yeah, I think Maddon mentioned something like they don't expect to make a move for a few days.  So likely once they are back, we'll see someone added.  Hopefully that's a positive sign it won't be Jay (who is on the taxi squad and could, presumably, be added immediately if they wanted).