• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on the first nine games & A reminder that we're in the "first third"

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The 2018 Angels were 10-3.

At this point in 2019 you guys wanted to shoot Tommy La Stella into the sun.

Keynan Middleton looked like an awesome closer in April 2018.

i think people were even convinced Rendon was a bust after 9 games last year.

Mike Mayers looked horrible after 9 games last year.

I don’t remember when but I am fairly certain there was a point when Jefry Marte looked indispensable.

Anyway, I know you guys gotta write something but just remember that it’s not even close to the point you really know anything about anything. 

Mike Trout is good though. 

Overreacting on an extremely small sample size is the hallmark sign of a baseball fan, though 🙂

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t remember when but I am fairly certain there was a point when Jefry Marte looked indispensable.

Anyway, I know you guys gotta write something but just remember that it’s not even close to the point you really know anything about anything. 

All fair. One of the things I've been happiest about is seeing Walsh continuing where he left off in 2020. Approach seems somewhat legit. Hoping he keeps it up as teams start to take him seriously. Also Bundy is looking like the Bundy of 2020, not the guy who sucked before that, so that's great. 

Most of the rest? Yeah, it's early. Things always ebb and flow to some degree. Not remotely worried about Fletcher or Rendon. Raisel only slightly (just because relievers can lose it quickly). Ohtani is who he is: Supremely talented if healthy. For me, that will probably be a big question mark for a while.

Also, bummed we let Simmons go. I like Iglesias, but seeing Simmons crushing it for someone else sucks. Hope he makes the ASG. Dude deserved it with us and never made it. Most deserving guy to never make one, IMO. 

8 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

200w.gif

• 11 months later...

Simmons and Fletcher both sucked in 21. There were people who wanted both firmly entrenched in the infield here for a few more years. Fletcher is still here of course but I don’t think he plays everyday like he used to. I bet he gets 1 day off a week minimum 

31 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Simmons and Fletcher both sucked in 21. There were people who wanted both firmly entrenched in the infield here for a few more years. Fletcher is still here of course but I don’t think he plays everyday like he used to. I bet he gets 1 day off a week minimum 

all Fletcher has to do to play everyday is outperform Tyler Wade, Luis Rengifo or Andrew Velazquez.   And don't kid yourself.  Maddon loves him.  He will get over 600 plate appearances.