• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani's turn in the rotation will be skipped this week due to a blister

35 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

it's a little strange to me he pitchers right and hits left. I wonder if that causes any problems. 

If anything it would cancel out torque issues (I think) perhaps he just wants to focus a little more on hitting while being extra cautious about his blister.

This is fine.

While they said Ohtani wouldn't have an innings limit, realistically, for someone who has barely pitched for several years, it would seem unlikely he could scale up over 100 innings.

Occasionally missed starts for things like this are fine, as they will essentially help manage his innings.

He'll probably start on the next homestand instead.  This is actually a nice benefit of the 6-man rotation - it creates flexibility like this and enables us to bypass him as needed.

29 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Why does he keep getting these things and can they be avoided??

I used to get them when I pitched. Super glue always helped. The only problem was I couldn’t feel the ball as well once I added the “second skin.”

When Ohtani couldn’t control his fastball against the Doyyers I knew it was a blister issue. The exact same thing would happen to me. My curve would be fine but my fast ball would be all over the place because my index finger would develop a blister. Eventually a callus would build up and the issue would go away until the start of the next season. I expect this to be a non-issue next month. 

8 minutes ago, cals said:

I thought you were a hitter?

DAEC2554-5E5A-4467-9945-80F6CFBC6625.jpeg

I believe baseball then implemented a minimum height for players.  In hindsight, why did they establish a minimum height for the player rather than just establish a minimum size for the strike zone?

Whatever the strike would be for a player like 5’2” could be the minimum strike zone, with the strike zone obviously larger for players taller than that. . .

Seems kind of dated and weird to have restrictions on the size of the player.  Although extremely unlikely, if a really small dude could play talent wise, let them play.