• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Michael Conforto just stuck his elbow into a would-be strike 3 to take the walk-off HBP..

16 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Funny story, I was told years back by a Tigers fan that Weaver throwing at Avila that one time was "attempted murder". They even made a blog dedicated to how much they hated him because of it.

I've been saying for years that Detroit has one of the worst fanbases in sports. Like, Boston worst.

Never mind that Weave threw the pitch 3 feet over Avila’s head.

4 minutes ago, sammyscioscia said:

WS Game 7 bases loaded 2 out, just lean into the pitched strike for the win is fine?

That's why we have umpires. If the ump had done his job properly to begin with, Conforto would have been called out. But he didn't do his job properly, and he made a bad call. It's not Conforto's fault, but it is the ump's fault. No different than a second baseman dropping a ball on a tag play and picking it back up acting like he held on the whole time. The player is just trying to get a call to go his way, even though it shouldn't, and it becomes the umpire's job to make the correct call.

Just now, Bronson said:

He’s trying to break the rules to win. You can’t lean into a pitch and make no effort to get out of the way. It’s in the rule book.

He just didn’t get punished for it.

What rule is that?

The ball barely grazed him—in fact I don’t even think he was hit. You’re being melodramatic as usual.

6 minutes ago, failos said:

What rule is that?

The ball barely grazed him—in fact I don’t even think he was hit. You’re being melodramatic as usual.

You can’t stick your elbow into the strike zone and claim you were “trying to get out of the way”. How does that make any sense? 

If this wasn’t breaking the rules every hitter would just stick their elbow right into the strike zone every pitch. Shit let’s just do that today. Doesn’t seem like the umps give a shit.

6 minutes ago, failos said:

He made it seem like he was avoiding the ball. Great acting isn’t breaking the rules.

Lol what? No he definitely didnt. Everyone with eyes can see he just stuck his elbow into the strike zone...

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Funny story, I was told years back by a Tigers fan that Weaver throwing at Avila that one time was "attempted murder". They even made a blog dedicated to how much they hated him because of it.

I've been saying for years that Detroit has one of the worst fanbases in sports. Like, Boston worst.

...Have you been to Detroit...have you seen how pathetic the Tigers and Lions are...and how pathetic the Pistons have become and how bad the Red Wings are...you'd be a miserable fan base too if you were in Detroit...

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

...Have you been to Detroit...have you seen how pathetic the Tigers and Lions are...and how pathetic the Pistons have become and how bad the Red Wings are...you'd be a miserable fan base too if you were in Detroit...

You could have stopped at "Have you been to Detroit"

Lol this is hilarious. I don't give a shit; good for Conforto for getting his team a win. He was either going to K looking or get his team a win...so he got his team a win. This shit show is on the umpire for botching the entire situation. The umpire fucked over the Marlins, not Conforto. A win is a win. The Marlins should take this up with the league and see if any sort of penalty (fine) can be levied on the umpire for such a fuck up. 

4 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Being "miserable" doesn't disqualify them from being terrible.

Red Sox fans were just as, if not moreso, obnoxious before 2004. 

4 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Lol this is hilarious. I don't give a shit; good for Conforto for getting his team a win. He was either going to K looking or get his team a win...so he got his team a win. This shit show is on the umpire for botching the entire situation. The umpire fucked over the Marlins, not Conforto. A win is a win. The Marlins should take this up with the league and see if any sort of penalty (fine) can be levied on the umpire for such a fuck up. 

You used 4 swear words.

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That's not what I saw in the replay. He looks like he intentionally extended his elbow to make contact with the ball. Tomorrow he might find himself with more contact than he would want.

He’ll definitely get hit for reals tomorrow

3 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I'm sorry this is just so ridiculous it needs it's own thread. Even the Mets announcers were pissed at Conforto and the umps for how this game ended.

It should be in the rules that a batter who is hit by a pitch that is in the strike zone is a strike!  Thete is no reason a batters body should be in the strike zone 

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Channeling his inner Dick Dietz circa 1968

Fortunately for Drysdale, Harry Wendlestedt told Dietz to come back to the plate, or else the scoreless innings streak ends at 44+.

I’m disappointed you didn’t use the Bad News Bears reference.