• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team is magical

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

The logic behind it made some sense I guess, having former major leaguers available on the taxi squad.  And it was exasperated by needing to use all four of them in three days.  But yea, I would have preferred Rengifo and Ward.  Barria and Rowan were fine.
Wait, how did we use five players (Barria, Rowen, Bemboom, Jay, Mayfield) on a four man taxi squad. 

My guess is that it had less to do with the players on the taxi squad and more to do with the younger guys getting time to actually play (even if only in camp). The Angels are, thankfully, thinking of the long-term. 

I don't know what is happening in minor league camp, but Ward could be getting more time at catcher and Rengifo working on specific things. Adell and Marsh, of course, are just getting development time and I don't think either will get major league time until they've played at least a couple dozen minor league games (and probably a lot more, unless they're utterly killing it).

They might also be more conservative after the Adell debacle last year, which may have caused long-term harm. I think it is too soon to say, at least until we see Adell up again. But they might be more hesitant to throw Marsh into major league waters until it is clear that he's mastered AAA. I don't think that will be very long, though.

EDIT: "Mastered" might be too strong of a word. Perhaps somewhere beyond "can hold his own" more towards "Is handling himself quite well" (in AAA).

With Adell, they'd probably be more tolerant of him growing as a hitter in the majors, but his defense is unacceptable and will probably require quite a few minor league games to smooth out. They might want to consider shifting him to LF, and thus as a replacement for Upton. But I imagine we'll see both Marsh and Adell this year.

Edited by Angelsjunky

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lou said:

You're really making it difficult to defend you, buddy. 

Isn't there a statute of limitations on this sort of thing? I already got shit for the magical comment - multiple times. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Rub the salt in.

Meanwhile I just watched half of Game 6 and bits of Game 7 of 2002 for comfort.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Isn't there a statute of limitations on this sort of thing? I already got shit for the magical comment - multiple times. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Rub the salt in.

Meanwhile I just watched half of Game 6 and bits of Game 7 of 2002 for comfort.

Hey, I'm on your side. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...