• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team is magical

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

547bc10.jpg

Lol, hey man, I'll take it.  We're in first as of now.  We look good as a team, but what we saw manifest the last few days is something we already knew - this team doesn't have that much depth, so when we lose a few key players, it shows.

Mayfield was already optioned, and hopefully we'll see another move or two by Friday so that we can use some of our better depth options instead of what we were forced to use on our taxi squad.

Getting back Rendon and Stassi will be huge.  Hopefully their IL stays are short.

The Twins are a good team, but we're fortunate to miss their two best starters.  

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

547bc10.jpg

Not sure I get this. I saw it on reddit and got a chortle but ultimately, Texas sucks, The A's are always a wildcard but they don't look great right now, Seattle is not a .545 team, and Houston looks vulnerable as fuck. 

The division is completely up for grabs this year. 

35 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Lol, hey man, I'll take it.  We're in first as of now.  We look good as a team, but what we saw manifest the last few days is something we already knew - this team doesn't have that much depth, so when we lose a few key players, it shows.

Mayfield was already optioned, and hopefully we'll see another move or two by Friday so that we can use some of our better depth options instead of what we were forced to use on our taxi squad.

Getting back Rendon and Stassi will be huge.  Hopefully their IL stays are short.

The Twins are a good team, but we're fortunate to miss their two best starters.  

Unfortunately teams that do not have good depth are not going to seriously contend. 162 games is a long season and injuries will happen to all ball clubs. The good teams find ways to win games when the line up is hit with injuries or slumps. 

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unfortunately teams that do not have good depth are not going to seriously contend. 162 games is a long season and injuries will happen to all ball clubs. The good teams find ways to win games when the line up is hit with injuries or slumps. 

I think we have solid depth we just have the wrong guys (the "shit has hit the fan" guys) up here. Jay and Mayfield are the guys you bring up when Ward, Upton, Walsh, and Trout are all hurt. Rojas should be the guy who gets brought up when Fletcher, Rendon, and Rengifo are all dead.

We have better depth than this garbage. Well, other than Bemboom. Our catching depth is...well it doesn't exist. 

Rengifo, Ward, Thaiss, and even Marsh are all better options. Not sure how to get these guys up here if they aren't on the roster but still.

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

This is partially because they brought up the third stringers rather than the second stringers. 

The logic behind it made some sense I guess, having former major leaguers available on the taxi squad.  And it was exasperated by needing to use all four of them in three days.  But yea, I would have preferred Rengifo and Ward.  Barria and Rowan were fine.
Wait, how did we use five players (Barria, Rowen, Bemboom, Jay, Mayfield) on a four man taxi squad. 

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Not sure I get this. I saw it on reddit and got a chortle but ultimately, Texas sucks, The A's are always a wildcard but they don't look great right now, Seattle is not a .545 team, and Houston looks vulnerable as fuck. 

The division is completely up for grabs this year. 

Especially now that Altuve, Bregman, and Alvarez are all on the injured list.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The logic behind it made some sense I guess, having former major leaguers available on the taxi squad.  And it was exasperated by needing to use all four of them in three days.  But yea, I would have preferred Rengifo and Ward.  Barria and Rowan were fine.
Wait, how did we use five players (Barria, Rowen, Bemboom, Jay, Mayfield) on a four man taxi squad. 

I suppose the idea was to sort of have a band-aid type approach with the taxi squad.  I would assume players at the alternate site are better able to practice, play games, etc - work on their craft, which is what we ideally want our young players with more potential to do.  It's why we often say it's better to have your prospects in the minors than sitting on the MLB bench, since they can play daily in the minors.

So I think with the taxi squad, the idea is the same.  The guys on that squad don't get nearly as many reps, so you'd rather just keep Ward, Rengifo, etc at the alternate site / AAA so they can play regularly.

However, I'm sure the FO did not anticipate needing to use like literally every single guy on that squad on a short trip, and sure enough, it happened.

Hopefully we can see the taxi squad rules relaxed soon, so that we can call up better players from the alternate site / AAA instead of having to use these other players.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Has there ever been a season before where so many teams so early had the injury bug?

The time between end of season and ST was no shorter than normal.

Edited by Angel Oracle