• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team is magical

The energy in the first series is different. They looked like this for a bit of September last season but they all look confident and like they’re having fun.

4-1, tied for first. Scored 30 runs and allowed 28, 12 of those in the one loss. 

Beat Houston again tomorrow and then take the magic on the road against a upstart Toronto team in Florida.

This team is doing two things so far this season.

1. Winning close games, which they haven’t done much in the past.

2. Not quitting in the late innings.

Both have been trademarks of past Angel teams.  This team, so far, is really awesome to watch.  

Edited by PattyD22

Gotta say I love watching Jose Iglesias.  I thought he would be a poor mans Simmons, but he brings something that is more than the sum of his parts.  Not only a top flight glove, but also gives you more reason for confidence in his bat than I ever had in Simmons.  His joy for the game is so apparent, I think he is a microcosm and prime example of what Minasian is trying to accomplish with his clubhouse chemistry focus.

3 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

Gotta say I love watching Jose Iglesias.  I thought he would be a poor mans Simmons, but he brings something that is more than the sum of his parts.  Not only a top flight glove, but also gives you more reason for confidence in his bat than I ever had in Simmons.  His joy for the game is so apparent, I think he is a microcosm and prime example of what Minasian is trying to accomplish with his clubhouse chemistry focus.

Simmons is batting .417 right now

29 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

I agree with you. Dude is clearly a ball player and a good clubhouse guy. I don’t think he’s gonna hit .373 again, but I think he’s figured out who he is offensively in the last couple years. I think a .300/.330/.430 slash line is pretty achievable for him, and that makes him a huge steal when you combine it with his defense. He put together some really good ABs tonight. Like that last single when he and everyone else knew he was gonna get an outside slider and he just flipped it into shallow center. That’s exactly the guy we need him to be on offense. 

2 minutes ago, Don said:

I agree with you. Dude is clearly a ball player and a good clubhouse guy. I don’t think he’s gonna hit .373 again, but I think he’s figured out who he is offensively in the last couple years. I think a .300/.330/.430 slash line is pretty achievable for him, and that makes him a huge steal when you combine it with his defense. He put together some really good ABs tonight. Like that last single when he and everyone else knew he was gonna get an outside slider and he just flipped it into shallow center. That’s exactly the guy we need him to be on offense. 

Its so early in the season but if the numbers are reasonable it would be preferable to extend him than waiting until they need to offer a huge contract to one of the 2022 SS FAs.