• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

okay. its time for a new voice...

Can you guys name great hitters and great pitchers who are great coaches or managers?  Don't just find one or two.  Look at the complete listing of all MLB pitching coaches and hitting coaches and managers. 

Should they truly listen to you rant about who would be a better coach/manager? 

I can't think of a single "perennial all-star" who later became a great manager. Several theories have been advanced about that, in particular that the great player cannot identify with (or help) the player with lesser skills, and he is at a loss to understand those who cannot achieve what he did. Most of the best managers in baseball were marginal major league players, and a few never made it to the bigs at all. An all-star pedigree does not a great manager make. Lesser players have to work harder at the game and think more about it, while great players get by largely on ability without having to think as much.

Can you guys name great hitters and great pitchers who are great coaches or managers?  Don't just find one or two.  Look at the complete listing of all MLB pitching coaches and hitting coaches and managers. 

Should they truly listen to you rant about who would be a better coach/manager? 

I just brought up 2 right off the top of my head, both of whom have teams playing way over their heads.

Maybe you don't watch A's games but I do, and Davis has a bunch of no name hitters in 1st place.

And maybe you should take in a Dbacks game or two...it is really refreshing after watching these idiots in Anaheim stagger around.

I would love to see Gibby react to the play the Angels put on the field these days.

Hell, I would LOVE to see BOB Gibson react to that garbage!

There would be bloodshed. They would head out the gate in their uniforms rather than face him in the clubhouse. 

Okay, you have brought up a few names.  There are 30 teams in MLB - provide numerous examples - not just a few. 

One of the most respected hitting coaces was Rudy Jaramillo.  - Where is he now?  He has been replaced in Texas by Dave Madagan?  (Who?)

Okay, you have brought up a few names.  There are 30 teams in MLB - provide numerous examples - not just a few. 

One of the most respected hitting coaces was Rudy Jaramillo.  - Where is he now?  He has been replaced in Texas by Dave Madagan?  (Who?)

How the hell are you defending this man? It's not about who is better...it's about how completely incompetent he is. The ****ing Rally Monkey would be a better manager because he wouldn't **** with things when they don't need to be ****ed with...i.e. Jerome Williams in the rotation, Mike Trout in CF...etc.

I remember these threads years ago when the nutswingers would defend the fat man to the death as if he was actually a good manager.  Nowadays those same people don't even defend him they just say, well if you were Arte would you pay him 30 million to leave? 

I defend Scioscia and here's why.  You give him a sow's ear and ask him to make a silk purse.  You give him Tommy Hanson and Joe Blanton and expect him to work wonders.  Tell me this, name a free agent Dipoto has signed that has performed to expectation.  (Answer - no one)  But you guys expect Scioscia to make it work.

I defend Scioscia and here's why.  You give him a sow's ear and ask him to make a silk purse.  You give him Tommy Hanson and Joe Blanton and expect him to work wonders.  Tell me this, name a free agent Dipoto has signed that has performed to expectation.  (Answer - no one)  But you guys expect Scioscia to make it work.

OMG you're so right...if only he had better starting pitching options than Blanton...waiiiiiiit

And btw...Scioscia was given wine...(pujols, hamilton) and turned it into water. If you don't blame the Manager for FA's coming to the team who were previously successful for their entire careers and all of a sudden suck I don't know who you blame.

How in the word is their poor performance sosh's fault?!?

I spent a good part of the season in So Cal last year, and for the first time since I was 12..

I will be 60 next year..I didn't even consider going to a game. Never even crossed my mind.

I lived in Alaska for years and flew home to go to games.

If Ryne Sandberg was announced as the new manager, I would drive down the next homestand.

pujols was declining before he ever set foot in anaheim and he's also playing with a debilitating injury. hamilton was trending in the wrong direction before he signed with the angels. that's also not scioscia's fault. i'm sure he makes stupid decisions like most managers but the blame for the poor season is misguided.

Let's begin with the FACT that it takes the fat man until JUNE every year, to come up with a decent batting order.

I'm sure other can add to the list, but I will get it started.

That's a very, very small nail to hang your hat on.

Plus, this year he seems to have tinkered a good deal less with the lineup than he did last year.