• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

okay. its time for a new voice...

Even though people defend scioscia and say its the players fault, you can't trade or release your whole team. So the writing is on the wall, scioscias days are numbered.... he has obviously lost the club house respect....

I don't think a new manager would do any better so I say save the 30 million needed to buy out scioscia and deal with the crap hand we have.

Put yourself in Arte's shoes. Season is lost. Do you A: ride out this season (which is already lost) and at the end of the season give Mike a front office position, which I doubt it will accept, and hope he opts out of his contract, or possibly trade him. Or do you B: Fire him and pay him $30 million? Seems like a pretty obvious choice to me. Let me know when you are going to write a $30 million check.

He has to do something.... he is gonna lose fans.... and why would scioscia magically do better next season with the same core of players. ... so arte is basically going to put a losing team out there for another 3 or four years? This is what we get to look forward to? Mean while he biggest competitor la dodgers will spenf and do any thing to win a championship? I dont think so.. heads are rolling sooner than latter.... he has too much vested in this team.....

The fans are already staying away from the park. Every home game I watch I see large swaths of empty seats. This season is gone. Do you really believe that thousands of people would suddenly start flocking to the ballpark again because we had a new manager? I could perhaps see this happening in a situation like Boston's, where Bobby Valentine was clearly a toxic presence in the clubhouse and the players hated him. Scoscia drives me nuts sometimes, too, but making a change in the dugout now or any time before the end of the season will not save the season or bring fans back to the ballpark. Only a better performance on the field will accomplish that.

People will come to see the new manager.  Also, Scioscia isn't turning this pile of crap around, what is to say someone else doesn't?

Okay, I'll bite. Who, among possible managerial candidates, would come in right now and cause the fans to say "wow" and start snapping up tickets by the thousands? And don't bother mentioning Tony LaRussa, because he would not come out of a comfortable retirement to take on this horrid mess with more than two months of the season already gone.

Those are both huge assumptions.  Look, if Arte and Dipoto decide Sosh isn't their guy, I'm fine with that.  They would know better than anyone.  I'm just not buying the "it will bring fans back" argument.  

I think the opposite would be true unless, as stradling mused, it was an ex player from the 2002 team.

I think you will see the support staff get reassigned first before you get Scioscia fired/reassigned.  Like it or not, Scioscia's support staff is mainly minor league coaches.  I don't know the answer to this, but do minor league coaches get the same respect as a major league player/coach?  How much will Pujols listen to Eppard as opposed to McGwire?  How much can Piccollo, a career minor leaguer (I think), relate to someone who make millions?  

Arte has spent millions to put the best possible team together.  And when it comes to maintenance of those players, he's letting a minor league team oversee it.

Okay, I'll bite. Who, among possible managerial candidates, would come in right now and cause the fans to say "wow" and start snapping up tickets by the thousands? And don't bother mentioning Tony LaRussa, because he would not come out of a comfortable retirement to take on this horrid mess with more than two months of the season already gone.

People will always come to see someone new.

Ryne Sandberg would be my choice.

I think you will see the support staff get reassigned first before you get Scioscia fired/reassigned.  Like it or not, Scioscia's support staff is mainly minor league coaches.  I don't know the answer to this, but do minor league coaches get the same respect as a major league player/coach?  How much will Pujols listen to Eppard as opposed to McGwire?  How much can Piccollo, a career minor leaguer (I think), relate to someone who make millions?  

Arte has spent millions to put the best possible team together.  And when it comes to maintenance of those players, he's letting a minor league team oversee it.

Look at some of the other MLB coaching staffs. Good God Look at the Dbacks

Gibson, Baylor, Nagy. Sax, Matt Williams, Allan Trammel...

2 of those "assistants" once managed, and all of them were stars. REAL ballplayers. All Star Teams.

Chili Davis in OAK...that guy could actually hit!

You going to listen the Jim Eppard or Mike Butcher or Piccilo ( or whatever his obscure no-name is)?

Seroiusly. Scioscia has assembled the Chester Milktoasts of coaching staffs.

Who are these guys and what ML player is going to take them seriously??

The fans are already staying away from the park. Every home game I watch I see large swaths of empty seats. This season is gone. Do you really believe that thousands of people would suddenly start flocking to the ballpark again because we had a new manager? I could perhaps see this happening in a situation like Boston's, where Bobby Valentine was clearly a toxic presence in the clubhouse and the players hated him. Scoiscia drives me nuts sometimes, too, but making a change in the dugout now or any time before the end of the season will not save the season or bring fans back to the ballpark. Only a better performance on the field will accomplish that.

no i don't think that fans will magically start coming again.  but this team needs new life and it has to start somewhere and sometime... this team has to rebuild, really... needs 3 new starters, basically new bullpen and who knows where to start with the position players.  but if Arte starts to rebuild now a fresh new look in two years can pack the seats again and who knows maybe we will be the best franchise in baseball again... 

This is a very good point...

no i don't think that fans will magically start coming again.  but this team needs new life and it has to start somewhere and sometime... this team has to rebuild, really... needs 3 new starters, basically new bullpen and who knows where to start with the position players.  but if Arte starts to rebuild now a fresh new look in two years can pack the seats again and who knows maybe we will be the best franchise in baseball again... 

You won't like this answer.  But go here  http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/1169-estimated-opening-day-salaries/

and click on the google docs link.  It's not pretty what our salaries look like for the next few years.