• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Angels/Blue Jays in Dunedin, FL

So the Jays can’t get into Canada yet.  They don’t want to head to Buffalo yet, either.  So this weekends series is at the spring training stadium for the Jays.  Anyone in the Tampa area this weekend going to go?  Buy me a beer.

2 hours ago, cals said:

So the Jays can’t get into Canada yet.  They don’t want to head to Buffalo yet, either.  So this weekends series is at the spring training stadium for the Jays.  Anyone in the Tampa area this weekend going to go?  Buy me a beer.

I was supposed to go to that series since it's close to my house down there but I found out getting tickets was difficult so I bailed. 

35 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

So why does Canada allow hockey but not baseball or basketball?  

NHL realigned their teams this season.  So the Canadians have their own division (each division actually only plays each other, no one from outside their division).  They only play Canadian teams so they don't have to quarantine.  But if a trade happens between an American and Canadian team, those players have to quarantine for 2 weeks.  Although it's been lowered to 1 week recently.  

Canada would allow baseball or basketball.  But each time the teams either leave or enter Canada, they would have to quarantine for 1 week.  Which makes it impossible to really play there.  So the Jays are trying to find a home in the US.  

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

NHL realigned their teams this season.  So the Canadians have their own division (each division actually only plays each other, no one from outside their division).  They only play Canadian teams so they don't have to quarantine.  But if a trade happens between an American and Canadian team, those players have to quarantine for 2 weeks.  Although it's been lowered to 1 week recently.  

Canada would allow baseball or basketball.  But each time the teams either leave or enter Canada, they would have to quarantine for 1 week.  Which makes it impossible to really play there.  So the Jays are trying to find a home in the US.  

Got it. I don't follow hockey so I didn't know they split up US and Canada. Thanks.

12 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

So why does Canada allow hockey but not baseball or basketball?  

11 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Got it. I don't follow hockey so I didn't know they split up US and Canada. Thanks.

You didn't know anything about hockey or basketball, but still had a dumb covid take.  Sweet.

The Toronto Raptors NBA team has had a home base in Florida this entire NBA season, btw.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

You didn't know anything about hockey or basketball, but still had a dumb covid take.  Sweet.

The Toronto Raptors NBA team has had a home base in Florida this entire NBA season, btw.

It wasn't a take it was a question. I know the Raptors were playing in Florida that's why I asked why they were allowing hockey games but not basketball in Canada. Gotbeer answered it for me.