• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon McCarthy suffers seizure

With how severe his injury was, it was kind of amazing that he was able to come back so quickly, let alone at all.  

This kind of reminds me of the Giants pitcher (think it was Giants) that had cancer on his throwing arm.  Only to come back and it snapped on him.  Great story about the comeback, but when something happens you really aren't surprised.

This sucks.  I HATE seizures.

I lost one of my best friends to a series of seizures and have another who gets them periodically.  Scares the shit out of me.

I really hope BMC recovers from this.  He seems like a really genuine and funny guy.

wrt seizure meds, my friend was taking them for almost a year up until a month or so before he passed.

I'm sure it depends on what kind you are on, but he complained about feeling lethargic and like he was in a fog sometimes, plus they can mess with your appetite.

Hopefully they aren't too much of a burden for Brandon, and he can still play ball while on them.

I stayed out of this thread for a couple of days because it hits close to home, but I had a cousin who had two very bad head injuries.

He took medicine to subdue the seizures and finally went under the knife to get them under control. The procedure worked well for a couple years, but eventually the seizures came back.

I truly hope that Brandon doesn't have to go through that.