• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Did Walsh's first homer remind you of...

Torridd

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, but when I saw it, then saw it again in a replay, I thought, “those are some fast fucking hands” 

The hands were Bonds-like, I thought.

I really want Walsh's 2020 to be legit, and last night was a great sign.

Edited by totdprods

I was skeptical, I even said I had more confidence in Albert with the game on the line after opening day.  My point really was if you have a runner on third and less than two outs, I’d take Albert because he doesn’t strike out much and won’t let the pressure get to him. But yea Walsh has looked really good. His bat speed appears elite and the fact he didn’t try to pull that ball and just hit it where it was pitched, says a lot.  Plus the last year or two you’ve heard the importance of letting the ball travel in the strike zone.  Yea he did that too. 

I know it's only a 32 game sample size from last year, but if Walsh comes anywhere close to replicating those numbers over a full season then we have a very special player on our hands. Dude rocked a .971 OPS with 9HR in 32 games last year. Project that out over 160 games and that's 45HR. Obviously he's not going to play that many games, but let's say he plays 130... a .900+ OPS and 30-35HR is not an unreasonable projection IMO. And that makes 1-6 in our lineup pretty freaking lethal.

18 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

I thought his walk off stare /strut was a little much, specially when the ball only cleared the wall by 5 or 6 feet. You would have thought is was 40 rows deep. He would have looked pretty stupid if that ball didn't go out. Maybe it was the famous marine layer that fooled him. 

Maybe that, or the fact that they deadened the baseball this year too.  Maybe in past years, that ball goes 10-20 feet further

42 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

I thought his walk off stare /strut was a little much, specially when the ball only cleared the wall by 5 or 6 feet. You would have thought is was 40 rows deep. He would have looked pretty stupid if that ball didn't go out. Maybe it was the famous marine layer that fooled him. 

This is such an awful take. 

1 hour ago, Rollinghard said:

If I’m not mistaken, in that game a sacrifice fly was going to win the game anyway.  His “stare/strut” was more about that, than the ball going over the fence.  That was just icing on the cake.  He knew as soon as he hit, the game was over and to Light That  Baby Up.

At least that’s my take on it

Edited by PattyD22