• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A player you loved on a team you hated

9 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It peaked at VeggieFest4 anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yes, we all know about the cucumber incident.

gentlemen, you made a vow not to discuss this. please honor your word.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

Contract clause

Article 5, Section 9, subset 2.3.7

"What happens at VeggieFest stays at VeggieFest." (C) 2003

Lou's signature: Alphabet Signatures Collection | Noun Project

St1ck's signature:Signature Area X stock image. Image of designated, macro - 44104957

Checking to make sure my pen had ink is not a signature. This contract would not hold up in court. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Randy Johnson and Ichiro

And Larry Bird

I'm too young to remember really watching Bird play, but secretly loved both Randy Johnson and Ichiro. Johnson was just like watching a freaking horror villain of a LH pitcher in real life. He was nearly unhittable in his prime, especially against lefties. For righties I think the only possible chance of success anyone could have was just guessing a fastball in a certain part of the zone, then hoping with everything you had that you could hit it.

Ichiro was just one of the most fascinating pure athletes I think I've ever seen. For being a pretty normal size dude, he just got so freaking much out of his body. Obviously he had the crazy speed and contact ability, but his defense and arm were absolutely ridiculous to boot. I still remember that homerun he robbed from GA where he just held himself on the top of the wall by his hands in Safeco for like a full second, then timed his "leap" and literally launched himself up using his hands to rob GA at the perfect moment while his knees were basically even with the top of the wall. It's absolutely to this day the most ridiculous homerun robbery I've ever seen. The guy would have been elite in any sport he chose to play.  

8 hours ago, Don said:

I'm too young to remember really watching Bird play, but secretly loved both Randy Johnson and Ichiro. Johnson was just like watching a freaking horror villain of a LH pitcher in real life. He was nearly unhittable in his prime, especially against lefties. For righties I think the only possible chance of success anyone could have was just guessing a fastball in a certain part of the zone, then hoping with everything you had that you could hit it.

Ichiro was just one of the most fascinating pure athletes I think I've ever seen. For being a pretty normal size dude, he just got so freaking much out of his body. Obviously he had the crazy speed and contact ability, but his defense and arm were absolutely ridiculous to boot. I still remember that homerun he robbed from GA where he just held himself on the top of the wall by his hands in Safeco for like a full second, then timed his "leap" and literally launched himself up using his hands to rob GA at the perfect moment while his knees were basically even with the top of the wall. It's absolutely to this day the most ridiculous homerun robbery I've ever seen. The guy would have been elite in any sport he chose to play.  

I remember that GA moment very well... and always told people Ichiro broke the rules doing that... and always gave GA credit for another HR.... I based that on nothing.

Ichiro was just "cool". Was different than almost everyone of the era. No power, but just an artist on hitting. Then you see him run. And that arm....

I hate the Mariners. But I secretly had a crush on him.

Same as Randy Johnson. He KILLED us. But was so fun to watch. Just pure power. His FB was "wow", but that slider was disgusting. And I liked that he always seemed pissed off. 

If you replace weed for 24 packs of beer, the beach for the desert, a cute volleyball wife from LB state with like Reba McEntire from the Tremors movie, Randy Johnson was like Jered Weaver.