• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Per his Instagram, Ty Buttrey is retiring from the game of baseball

On 5/18/2019 at 11:24 PM, m0nkey said:

What a job he's done.  Doesn't matter what role they use him in, how many innings, or what innings he pitches, he just comes in and gets outs. 

2 runs in 23.2 innings, a WHIP under 1,  and 31 Ks.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:27 PM, Chuckster70 said:

He reminds me of Scot Shields as far as the production he gives us on the mound and how he can go multiple innings. 

Buttrey has been superb! 

On 5/18/2019 at 11:47 PM, arch stanton said:

Seems that he embraces the idea that pen roles are changing and anyone who can get outs when they're asked to get them will eventually get paid

On 5/19/2019 at 12:50 AM, Taylor said:

Buttrey is a closer we can all get behind.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:03 AM, Billy_Ball said:

YES WE CAN.....believe it's Buttrey!!!!

I agree

I love fandom.  Guys die, talk about mental health struggles and fans will say damn that’s sad, we need to take a step back and remember these guys are human and this is just a game. 

Guys like CJ Wilson, Richards, Heaney get lit up the next day and we call them pussys and retards. 

Just now, m0nkey said:

I love fandom.  Guys die, talk about mental health struggles and fans will say damn that’s sad, we need to take a step back and remember these guys are human and this is just a game. 

Guys like CJ Wilson, Richards, Heaney get lit up the next day and we call them pussys and retards. 

Hey!!!

I've never called them retards.

49 minutes ago, cals said:

Is his opening statement about making the majors just to prove the naysayers wrong a huge red flag for you people?  

*raises hand

I don't necessarily agree with everything you've written in this thread (or most of the stuff your write 😉) but when I read that it certainly caught my attention.  

I can't imagine ever making that a strong starting point for pursuing any type of career or as the ultimate motivator for why you'd anything.  So I do find it hard to believe that it was the only or even the main reason as to why he pursued a career in baseball.  

Also, who's filled with absolute joy every day all day while doing their job?  And to me, there is satisfaction in doing something I'm good at regardless of what it is.  There is also satisfaction in making everyone else in my family happy and allowing them to do the things they want ie not just doing everything I do for myself.  

I agree with @Stradling quote although I don't know if it's much a trick as the earlier part of what he wrote.  Focus.  If something is making you miserable then I get it.  Find a way to do something else if you can.  

I also don't understand issuing as statement about it.  This seemed like it should have been a very personal and perhaps even private decision for him and his family.  He essentially cited how he wanted to get out from under being motivated (either positive or negative) by what others thought yet providing a statement for others seems to be doing the exact opposite of why he wrote it.  If you're no longer concerned about what others think or don't want to be then walk off into the sunset and find something you enjoy.  All it does is provide additional fodder for others to do exactly what I'm doing right now which is to provide my opinion about his life.  

Anyway, I wish him the best.  I hope he finds what he's looking for.

15 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Yeah, it's called having more information.

Stop trying to be Lou.

I’m not happy with my job but at the end of the day I remember that I do it to put a roof over my family’s head and live a comfortable life. If this job was destroying his home life then kudos to him but otherwise the guy needs to figure it out that sometime we don’t do things because we like them but because others rely on us. 

6 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I’m not happy with my job but at the end of the day I remember that I do it to put a roof over my family’s head and live a comfortable life. If this job was destroying his home life then kudos to him but otherwise the guy needs to figure it out that sometime we don’t do things because we like them but because others rely on us. 

Yes, but people are allowed to change their job and pursue something that interests them while also making income.

Perhaps he was really unhappy with this and already has another job in mind.  

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

Would people rather we have him half-assing it every single night because he doesn't care about baseball anymore?  Lol.

I mean in truth, we probably already witnessed this, didn't we?  He didn't pitch well last year and for parts of 2019.  Perhaps he was already "over it" and half-assing it then, who knows.  I appreciate that he knew to walk away and wish him the best of luck of finding fulfillment in his next endeavor.

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

So it’s all ok until someone claims mental health issues and then the shield comes up and we say sorry for saying the bad mean things?

Might as well never talk shit about anyone ever again just in case they have a mental health problem. Just to be safe.