• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time for Heaney to step up

Torridd

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

100% between the ears.  The nutty part is that everything Ive ever heard is that he is very coachable and a very cerebral pitcher.  But the dude just tends to cave...  They should seriously try to find thy psychologist that helped turn Mike Witt around and have him work with Heaney.

It may be time to Eckersley him. Starting is just not working out, he does collapse often after a few good innings so use those few good outs as a reliever. Short stints, keep the focus narrow so he doesn't have to think of long term goals and pitch counts. 

Oh, and as far as Mike Witt's shrink, the dude is probably long dead that was about 40 years ago. Maybe Witt himself could help.

26 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It may be time to Eckersley him. Starting is just not working out, he does collapse often after a few good innings so use those few good outs as a reliever. Short stints, keep the focus narrow so he doesn't have to think of long term goals and pitch counts. 

Oh, and as far as Mike Witt's shrink, the dude is probably long dead that was about 40 years ago. Maybe Witt himself could help.

I just imagined Heaney coming in to pitch in extras with runners on

dog eyes GIF

So sorry if I offended some.  My point is that I feel that Andrew Heaney should have much better results with the stuff that he has.  Also, that he should never put himself in a situation where he gives up 7 runs in one inning.  

He does have a tendency to give up runs in big innings quite a lot, and why, after he was breezing with his fastball, he gave up on it, is strange. 

10 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

So sorry if I offended some.  My point is that I feel that Andrew Heaney should have much better results with the stuff that he has.  Also, that he should never put himself in a situation where he gives up 7 runs in one inning.  

He does have a tendency to give up runs in big innings quite a lot, and why, after he was breezing with his fastball, he gave up on it, is strange. 

I am often offended by hyperbole and its close cousin, nonsense.