• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time for Heaney to step up

Torridd

Perry signed all these 1-year contracts to determine who's worth staying and going. I think that once Pujols' contract ends on the field that this team is going to be totally revamped. This is a huge year for Heaney. Will he be part of the keep or heap?

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It’s put up or shut up for Heaney in 2021.  He turns 30 this season.

He shows glimpses, and his WHIP as a Halos pitcher is in the low 1.20s.   The big inning bites him though.

I just wonder if he has kind of established who he is...so-so 4.00+ ERA type...not bad but not what we hoped he would be...

Surely he's proven what he is: an ok back of the rotation pitcher with a few nice pitches and a few bad innings in him. Sometimes he gets behind and gets flustered, sometimes he sends down a 1-2-3, sometimes he's on the DL. A pitcher like that is really useful at the right price, especially with a strong bull-pen that might allow you to pull him a bit earlier when his control starts to go. I wouldn't want to rely on him starting a post-season game, but he would be a handy weapon out of the pen for a couple of innings in a tight PS game - assuming we get good Heaney of course, homer-happy Heaney, not so much. But sure, at 5,6,7 on the depth chart, I'd keep him for the right price.

41 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Say whatever about Heaney you want to. He needs to step it up for this team to have success. After Bundy rest of rotation lot of ? marks.

Unfortunately, with the makeup of these starters, besides Bundy, I think we need them all to step up to have success. We don't have anyone who's completely dependable, including Ohtani. It would be great for at least two of them to help him out, that is, 12 wins or more. 

24 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Unfortunately, with the makeup of these starters, besides Bundy, I think we need them all to step up to have success. We don't have anyone who's completely dependable, including Ohtani. It would be great for at least two of them to help him out, that is, 12 wins or more. 

I agree 2 or 3 need to have good years

2 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Such a frustrating player. He's got a ton of swing and miss stuff that gives you hope that he'll turn that corner but he just cannot seem to ever get a handle on his massive HR ball issues. Often times it ends with him striking out 9 guys but allowed 5-6 ER thanks to multiple HR's allowed

Playing out exactly like this in his first start. Can't be upset when he does what you expect...

12 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Good bye after the season!

What causes a pitcher to CONSTANTLY look good, and then at a jam looks like a scared 18 year-old?

All mental??????

Maybe he’s still working on stuff AO?

I mean it’s only been 6 years....some guys it takes a little longer to figure shit out