• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Alternate Training Site Roster

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

this is interesting.  Didn't think you'd go there for a year or so.  

I saw him pitch when he was at Auburn -- some of the loudest stuff I'd heard in a long time.  Ball made this June-bug type sound anytime he threw it, I love that shit.  Had velocity for days but no real clue where the ball was going.  One of the games I saw, he was getting doinked to death and missing with stuff all over and the dude never so much as blinked -- he was the Anti-Heaney.   I thought he was right about to turn a corner and tear the SEC apart and then his elbow went pop.

Anyway, I don't think it's any real shock that the Angels chose ST for him to make his professional debut, he's got that type of stuff.   I thought he looked great and that his command was a world better than it had been when at Auburn so yeah -- I'm super high on him, probably prematurely so but I've always liked guys that throw loud.

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ball made this June-bug type sound anytime he threw it

That is only something you hear live at the game. More so in small ballparks with less crowd noise. I really missed watching games in the high desert league last year. This year I'm working more from home so I may be able to catch more games once they open up. 

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I saw him pitch when he was at Auburn -- some of the loudest stuff I'd heard in a long time.  Ball made this June-bug type sound anytime he threw it, I love that shit.  Had velocity for days but no real clue where the ball was going.  One of the games I saw, he was getting doinked to death and missing with stuff all over and the dude never so much as blinked -- he was the Anti-Heaney.   I thought he was right about to turn a corner and tear the SEC apart and then his elbow went pop.

Anyway, I don't think it's any real shock that the Angels chose ST for him to make his professional debut, he's got that type of stuff.   I thought he looked great and that his command was a world better than it had been when at Auburn so yeah -- I'm super high on him, probably prematurely so but I've always liked guys that throw loud.

Is it that little 'sizzle' sound the ball makes?  so cool.  

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He pitched partly as a starter and partly in relief his sophomore season.

Does Daniel project eventually as starter or late innings reliever?

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

That is only something you hear live at the game. More so in small ballparks with less crowd noise. I really missed watching games in the high desert league last year. This year I'm working more from home so I may be able to catch more games once they open up. 

Yep, this is especially true of college games, partially because the seams are bigger and the balls tends to have a lot more noise and movement as a result.   But its such a great unique sound.

Those seams btw are a huge reason why some of these guys with big velocity and iffy command see such massive improvement as pros.  Davis Daniel has a shot at being a much better pitcher than his college stats would indicate.

23 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Is it that little 'sizzle' sound the ball makes?  so cool.  

Yep, its a buzzy sizzle type sound that just stands out and pretty much an indication of spin.  Kevin Brown, and Darren Dreifort, were two guys that really stood out.  You could legit hear Browns stuff at MLB parks on some days... 

26 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

He pitched partly as a starter and partly in relief his sophomore season.

Does Daniel project eventually as starter or late innings reliever?

Yep, they were tinkering with him coming out of the pen, my guess is they hoped the command wouldn't be as big of an issue and that his already impressive FB would play up.  It did, but so did the movement.

My guess is the Angels will try to keep him as a starter but like I've said in other threads when discussing the C-Rod decision to use him out of the pen, I can see both of Daniel and Brady being brought up as RPs because they both have stuff that can get people out.

27 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep, they were tinkering with him coming out of the pen, my guess is they hoped the command wouldn't be as big of an issue and that his already impressive FB would play up.  It did, but so did the movement.

My guess is the Angels will try to keep him as a starter but like I've said in other threads when discussing the C-Rod decision to use him out of the pen, I can see both of Daniel and Brady being brought up as RPs because they both have stuff that can get people out.

I'm not as bullish about Brady ever being a legit starter.  

Daniel and Brady both have a future in the middle innings at the major league level. 

And there are few things in life that never get old. Finishing a DIY project successfully, the smell of fireworks on the 4th of July, seeing the barbell bend on backsquat days, the feeling off the bat when you got all of a pitch (it feels like nothing and everything all at once), the feeling of Fall Friday nights in a small town (high school football) and finally, the sound of a hissing baseball. 

On 4/6/2021 at 11:02 PM, Second Base said:

Daniel and Brady both have a future in the middle innings at the major league level. 

And there are few things in life that never get old. Finishing a DIY project successfully, the smell of fireworks on the 4th of July, seeing the barbell bend on backsquat days, the feeling off the bat when you got all of a pitch (it feels like nothing and everything all at once), the feeling of Fall Friday nights in a small town (high school football) and finally, the sound of a hissing baseball. 

Susun Sarandon just squirted.