• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ANGELS STADIUM - COVID FAN RULES

JoJo26

I went tonight, they don't care if you have the mask on in your seat, very cool and laid back. Ordering food on the app though was a clusterfuck, tons of stuff was unavailable for awhile. Overall tons of fun, fans were pumped and made it feel like a sold out crowd in the 8th.

Also I brought a plastic bag in with Panda Express that they didn't even check. I could have had beer in there for all they knew.

Food order thru the app worked for me ONLY IF THE WORKERS COULD READ THE ORDER:

Example: My order: Hot Dog with relish, onion, brown mustard; Mr. Pibb in a souvenir cup.

What I got: Hot Dog - small container of chopped onions, 2 packets of yellow mustard; Coke. 

The food is placed in a brown bag. The worker gal - after calling my name - says" Large Coke" - I say "Mr. Pibb". The lady says "Oh - they're all Coke" laughing.

I guess it was false advertising - as my Mr. Pibb tasted exactly like regular Coke. Somehow - I didn't care as I got to watch live baseball 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

How about just sitting down and watching the game and eating when you get home?

I live in Ventura - left at 2:15 pm - got to the Big "A" at 5:15 pm....game over at 10:10....got home just before midnight (because I guess that Easter traffic only happens during daytime) If I lived 15 minutes instead on 90 {without traffic} that would be an excellent option. 

20 minutes ago, JoJo26 said:

I live in Ventura - left at 2:15 pm - got to the Big "A" at 5:15 pm....game over at 10:10....got home just before midnight (because I guess that Easter traffic only happens during daytime) If I lived 15 minutes instead on 90 {without traffic} that would be an excellent option. 

You should move. 

Somethings going to have to give on concessions.   That was theater of the absurd.  Order 2 beers, cans.  Wait 30 minutes for a text saying it’s ready.  Walk down to this mob.  Everyone here pictured got their ready text.  Some had been standing there for over a hour.  A couple older ladies working the booth were giving it their all, but meekly whiting names no one could hear.  Ended up whoever pushed to the front got served.  Took over and hour for two beers in the 4th inning.  Oh and they can’t give refunds.  You have to go to guest services or something.  

honestly, opening the stands fully and staffing them would be safer that this shoulder to shoulder madness.  Most people screaming and upset with their masks down too.  If they don’t fix this I could see health department shutting it all down.  

I can’t think of a time anywhere that I’d seen such poor planning.  Spoke to one server before the game started, she’d worked there for 31 years.  Was super friendly and helpful.  Said it felt like her first day on the job and all her bosses had no clue how to handle things and they had conflicting instructions for similar tasks.

taking my kids tonight, I’ll be buying a games worth of snacks pregame before it gets bad.  Can’t bring anything in.  They were making people throw food and drinks away at the front gate.  Though they were allowing clear bags in contrary to what was published.  It they were strict on the no purse or backpack rule.

seats stunk, we are normally 530 A above first but our season seats got moved to the first row above the batters eye for Covid distancing.  Our season seat rep said they were closing the entire 500 section.  So imagine our dismay we we saw people sitting in our normal seats!  Angels moved us to cheaper seats and resold ours.  This is gonna be fun to deal with especially since they aren’t answering the phone, even the season seat holder number.

regardless the game was great and it was awesome to be back!!!  I can deal with these annoyances for baseball!

CEEAB727-702E-406E-97CD-5FEA2E786A41.jpeg

9 hours ago, FabulousFabregas said:

I went tonight, they don't care if you have the mask on in your seat, very cool and laid back. Ordering food on the app though was a clusterfuck, tons of stuff was unavailable for awhile. Overall tons of fun, fans were pumped and made it feel like a sold out crowd in the 8th.

Also I brought a plastic bag in with Panda Express that they didn't even check. I could have had beer in there for all they knew.

Plastic diaper bag?

31 minutes ago, Biergott said:

This is gonna be fun to deal with especially since they aren’t answering the phone, even the season seat holder number.

regardless the game was great and it was awesome to be back!!!  I can deal with these annoyances for baseball!

We paused our seats because of the "moving" to another location deal.  And it's true - you can't reach a ticket rep easily.  I had to email mine 4 times and then emailed someone in stadium ops before I got a reply.  They don't answer the phone.  They don't return calls.  It's a mess.

I'm content to watch at home for now. 

40 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I think you are inflating your numbers here.  You want to keep going lower until we get closer to the truth?

(reported attendance was 13,207)

I was thinking of hitting up the Panda Express in Ladera Ranch for lunch. Do you think it's too late to make a 12 o'clock reservation? 

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I was thinking of hitting up the Panda Express in Ladera Ranch for lunch. Do you think it's too late to make a 12 o'clock reservation? 

I guess that would depend on if you think the 30,000 people that went to the Angel game yesterday are also craving Panda for lunch today.

27 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

You'll have to wait outside with about 7 Ladera Ranch Karens as the employees prepare your food.

14 minutes ago, cals said:

I think Panda went loco during the pandemic.  I went to one in Santa Ana and the place was literally empty with maybe 20 people waiting outside in close quarters waiting in line and waiting for orders.  I'm next in line and I walk inside and am looking at the foods.  The little Mexican gal tells me to go back outside.  I say, "you are done with them (people in front of me) and I'm next, you want me to walk outside so you can gesture me to come back inside in 5 seconds?" She says "jes" and I just walked out.  True story. 

image.gif

24 minutes ago, cals said:

I think Panda went loco during the pandemic.  I went to one in Santa Ana and the place was literally empty with maybe 20 people waiting outside in close quarters waiting in line and waiting for orders.  I'm next in line and I walk inside and am looking at the foods.  The little Mexican gal tells me to go back outside.  I say, "you are done with them (people in front of me) and I'm next, you want me to walk outside so you can gesture me to come back inside in 5 seconds?" She says "jes" and I just walked out.  True story. 

Well after you exposed yourself to her, I'm not surprised she asked you to go outside.