• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels announce Opening Day roster

mmc

6 minutes ago, sammyscioscia said:

I still can't believe we wasted a 1st round pick on Matt Thaiss, we could have another solid pitcher in our rotation by now.  But he will likely be a perpetual minor leaguer.

Remember, it also gave us extra money to sign Brandon Marsh, Nonie Williams (yikes), and Chris Rodriguez in the next three rounds...all signed over slot if I recall.

37 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Remember, it also gave us extra money to sign Brandon Marsh, Nonie Williams (yikes), and Chris Rodriguez in the next three rounds...all signed over slot if I recall.

and people need to actually look at what SP options were available and if we're playing the 'what I know now' game then it's not impressive at all outside of one guy.  

47 minutes ago, totdprods said:

they could just pretend that they drafted marsh or rodriguez with their 1st rounder, and then everything's fine.

Watching C-Rod pitch reminds me of K-Rod. 

At first I didn't like the move of having him in the pen to open the season but the more I thought about, the more I liked it. 

He could have meaningful impact on multiple games in a given week. 

As Halo fans we haven't really had dominant starter since what, the days of Chuck Finley or further back Nolan Ryan. 

But we have had Dominant closers like K-Rod, Bryan Harvey and of course my favorite Percival. 

I could see Chris Rodrigues having that type of impact, he has that type of stuff to do it.

I'm actually excited to watch how this unfolds.     

And the strategy of having a not great but solid starting pitching to go along with a very strong bullpen could be the way we have a great season. 

We have more than enough hitting to win, it's how we pitch that's going to determine our fate.    

2 hours ago, HaloBronco said:

And the strategy of having a not great but solid starting pitching to go along with a very strong bullpen could be the way we have a great season.   

Nice idea, I'm not sure we're quite there yet though HB, it looks more solid than strong to me. Will be very happy to be proven wrong on that one though. 

5 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Nice idea, I'm not sure we're quite there yet though HB, it looks more solid than strong to me. Will be very happy to be proven wrong on that one though. 

Yeah I mean personally, I don't see a very strong bullpen, but what I do see is more of a "high floor" bullpen that shouldn't be lit up on a nightly basis.  One of the issues we had last year is we blew a ton of games (thanks to Robles, Buttrey, etc) that we should have otherwise won.

With Iglesias and Mayers manning the late innings, and now with a bevy of what should be at least average middle relievers, hopefully we can win a number of those games that we blew last year.

Again this is not a shutdown pen like the Yankees, Dodgers, Brewers, etc have, but it should at least be an average one.  What we do have is what should be a top 5 offense and an above average rotation.  Combine all 3, along with strong infield defense, and we should be contenders in a good but not great division.